Finale - 4

Hey. I someway, somehow managed to finish this story. I'm sorry it took so long to finally write this one, but hey, it's here.

Also, thank you for all your kind words. I really appreciate all the kindness you've all shown me.

This is officially the final chapter of [Shadow Sovereign's Second Try!] and while there will be epilogue chapters for a few specific characters I wanted to highlight, and chapters for the DLC, there will not be much more in the way of bulk for the narrative.

This chapter is by far the shortest so far, and I apologize for that. I honestly didn't have it in me to reread huge sections of this story to write out a proper ending, so a satisfying conclusion will appear in the epilogue chapters.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy this little snippet, and thank you all for your support.

-----

Liurnia of the Lakes was the main battle ground of the war. Melina and Sellen could see the raging battle as they stared down Marika.

The Eternal Sovereign said nothing after Sellen teleported her away from her armor. Her glassy eyes were like a robot, and it was utterly impossible to tell what she was thinking.

Sellen swallowed, "I expected a bit more of a reaction, but... this is basically nothing."

Melina shrugged. "It's our job to hold Queen Marika down. Until they take down the pillars, it's our responsibility to-"

Before Melina could finish, an absolutely gigantic pitch-black dragon flew through the sky and slammed into the Golden Army's Dragon, Gransax. That gigantic Shadow Dragon was someway, somehow Greyoll.

Melina and Sellen both let out a sigh of relief. Melina grinned, "(Y/n) is finally back."

-----

The exact events of the Outer War are unknown.

The Shadow Sovereign reappeared as the True Sovereign of the Void, and he completely dominated the battlefield, as the God of Death.

The Shadow Sovereign wasn't the only one to make an appearance after the war began. The Chaos Sovereign, Rot Sovereign, Blood Sovereign, and Dark Moon Sovereign appeared. Even the God Miquella appeared.

But in all reality, anyone who participated in the war had one thing to say about the participants in the Outer War.

"The Shadow Sovereign ended everything too quickly," Kenneth Haight said, laughing. "It was like everything we did was a single brick while he created several kingdoms in the blink of an eye."

"The Shadow Sovereign was like an angel of death," Nepheli noted. "In our time of need, he changed the tide of battle and shifted everything. Without him, I personally wouldn't be here."

"The Shadow Sovereign is...." Roderika sighed. "Well, he's just the most lovely, powerful, attractive warrior out there. When I get a chance to talk with him, I'm going to rip his clothes off and-"

They decided not to include Roderika's comments in the up-and-coming Council Newspaper led by the God Miquella. The creation of the Council Newspaper allowed for more information to travel through the Lands Between, and Miquella didn't waste time on leading the spread of that information.

-----

(Y/n), Sellen, Melina, Millicent, and Roderika all laid in bed together. All their hard work finally allowed them to rest, and they absolutely spent the moment doing just that. Between all of them was (Y/n), reading the most recent release of the Council Newspaper.

(Y/n) grinned as he read the most recent release of the newspaper. "'The Shadow Sovereign leads the Council of Sovereigns with the new Elden Rings,' huh?"

He shrugged. "It's a pretty solid title."

He fiddled with the pitch-black ring around his finger. He created it as a method for the Shadow Council-the eight Sovereigns that came together to lead the Lands Between-to connect with each other.

Sellen shrugged, "Perhaps, but I think it's just a bit too flashy. Besides, are you really leading us? I think Miquella is just trying to make you a new Elden Lord, even if you're on the Council with all the rest of us."

Melina hummed. "Well, it certainly isn't an unexpected outcome. With your strength, it makes sense why Miquella wants to make you the natural leader of the Council."

Millicent let out a sigh. "That Miquella is certainly a tricky one. If we aren't careful, he may push things in a direction we don't want."

The four all nodded seriously, but Roderika just whined. "Hey, what did we agree on?! No Council business in bed, you four! I get it, you're all Sovereigns with crazy powers, but let's just spend the moment relaxing, okay?"

The four nervously laughed. In that moment, they completely forgot that Roderika wasn't a member of the Council like them.

Sellen grinned, rising and using magic to pull Roderika up with her. "You're right, my lovely Roderika! Let's have some fun!"

As if this was the best thought she ever had, with the largest smile possible, Sellen pulled a pillow up, and slammed it into poor Roderika. Of course, she didn't take such a thing lying down. She grabbed one of her own and counterattacked with all her vigor.

Millicent giggled, and rose too, taking a pillow and joining the fray. It didn't take very long for Melina to give (Y/n) a kiss and join the fray, too.

(Y/n) had seen enough death in his life. He'd lost it all at one point, but now, he had it all.

Power, a substantial following, a castle, and more than everything, a family.

It was absolutely undeniable, the [Age of the Elden Tree] has ended.

The [Age of the Shadow Council] has begun.

And (Y/n) will never let the new opportunity he had slip.

The End.