Caelid - 1

Here's yet another chapter, my friends! 

I don't have much to say for this chapter, since it's fairly mellow when compared to the other chapters! 

For a question, here's one. How do you feel about the Elden Ring DLC, Shadow of the Erdtree?

For me, that title gives me so many ideas for this specific story. While my story will probably be done long before that DLC sees the light of day, I will absolutely be coming back to this story to write more in reference to the DLC, if I get the chance to.

Regardless of that all, enjoy this chapter!

-----

They landed next to the Church of the Plague, sending Godrick, Terra, and Rogo to find the Unalloyed Needle. All they needed to do was to defeat Commander O'Neil, who was lingering in the Scarlet Rot infested Swamp of Aeonia. He would be tough, but nothing a demigod and two dragons couldn't handle easily enough.

"I feel... one of the Fell God's Tome's nearby. I will go retrieve it, with Agheel," Melina laid her hand on Agheel's snout, receiving a happy nod from the dragon.

"You can feel them from afar? That's...." (Y/n) trailed off, and Melina acquiesced, knowing what he'd say.

"Certainly, it is odd. Like I've said before, I believe it must be connected to the Outer Gods. I have been connected to fire over the course of my life, with my body being burnt to a crisp only to be followed by my soul," Melina noted scientifically, as if she wasn't talking about her own demise, in a sense.

(Y/n) blinked at her, simultaneously shocked and horrified by what Melina could utter so casually. He sighed, but when he spoke, his tone was serious. "If we've gotta kill an Outer God soon, so be it. I'd rather him go than you."

Melina held her hand to her mouth, giggling silently. "Thank you, my companion, but have you considered the alternative option?"

"What alternative?" (Y/n) asked blankly, as if there were no other options even somewhat possible.

Melina smiled gently. "Perhaps not all the Outer Gods are our enemies? The Darkness chose you personally, for no apparent gain, and the Moon seems to be guiding Sellen, although the Formless Mother may be influencing things as well. Furthermore, the Flames that I feel within me are not just of rage, but of passion and love."

(Y/n) pursed his lips before frowning. "While it's true we can't really tell what the Darkness wanted, I agree he's given us more than he's taken, and his presence seems like it's entirely vanished. But what was that about the Formless Mother?"

Now it was Melina's turn to sigh, her shoulders sinking a little bit. "I thought you'd noticed it earlier. A Moon is quite clear, but a Blood Red Moon seems...." Melina didn't finish, but (Y/n) slowly nodded all the same. "Simply put, we should be careful and cognizant, in good and bad ways, the situations may not be as obvious as they seem."

(Y/n) took a slow breath, giving Melina a nod of acknowledgement and reluctant agreement. He looked up to Agheel, his eyes serious. "Tear anyone and everyone who looks at her the wrong way to shreds."

Melina rolled her eyes, "I'll have you know, I'm no helpless maiden."

(Y/n) nodded, agreeing. "I know, I remember fighting with you against Morgott. Still, I feel a bit better this way. Hope that's alright." Melina shrugged, and with a nonchalant wave, (Y/n) walked into the Church of the Plague, and his heart hurt when he laid his eyes on her.

Millicent was a woman with dark red hair. It wasn't like Melina's, rather, it was a shade close to Malenia's. She was a woman who was strong, even in the face of her own death... that (Y/n) had led her to. She was the adoptive daughter of Gowry, and she was considered by Gowry as a sort of daughter to Malenia, although they held no blood connections.