Transitionary - 4

In my opinion, it's been far too long without an update. This chapter isn't even something I'd say was worth the wait, but it's a set-up to something that is actually pretty major in the grand scheme of the story.

But hey, I hope this chapter gets me back into the swing of things! Next chapter should be roughly a week from now, just like it was in the past!

For this chapter's question(s): What is your favorite aspect about Elden Ring? Or, what is your favorite aspect about Solo Leveling?

One more question for those who finish the chapter, what should the USL be named?

I hope you enjoy the chapter, and don't worry, more will be published soon!

-----

Near the center of the Weeping Peninsula, (Y/n) stood next to an Erdtree sapling, his hands firmly roaming the bark. For the last several hours, he'd spent all his time funneling energy into the sapling. It was already several houses tall, although it was incomparable to a proper full-sized Erdtree, it was something impressive.

Just standing near the tree, (Y/n) could tell the tree was blooming into something truly powerful. An aura of power emanated from the tree, and (Y/n) could see it was empowering his Shadows.

[Shadow of the Erdtree: Enhanced the efficiency of Shadows by 100% within a three-mile radius.]

All around, his Shadows were working hard to create a large building, and it was working incredibly well. The base was the Roundtable Hold, and with over ten thousand different Shadows working together in perfect synchronization, it was nearly finished.

Melina fluttered into existence next to (Y/n), appearing from Stormveil Castle, where their allies currently were staying. She let out a small sigh, analyzing the Shadowy Erdtree that was growing by the minute. "So, this is a blooming Erdtree? Beautiful, even as it radiates an aura of death."

(Y/n) nodded, taking his hands off the tree. "I hope it won't be too overpowering for everyone else," He winced. "That would be really counteractive."

Melina laid a gentle hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "It should be okay. Your power is routed in death, but it does not demand payment. You create life within death, even if it spawns from death within life."

(Y/n) blinked slowly, staring at Melina. "If I wasn't so used to you by now, that wouldn't have made any sense. Gladly, I've been around you for a while now, so... thank you, my love."

Melina's face reddened, but she gently nodded. "It is my pleasure." Melina turned her attention away from (Y/n) and focused on the now-finished building. "What should we call it? We'll need a name for what should be our new home."

(Y/n) hummed for a moment before a thought flashed through his mind. "The Shadow Palace!"

Melina blinked. "Absolutely not."

"What? Why?"

"The Shadow Palace is...."

"Then what about the Shadowtable Hold?"

"Did you just replace Round with Shadow?"

"Yes."

"...No."

"Fine, let's just call it the Unnamed Shadow Location for now."

Melina bobbed her head slowly at that. "The USL. For now, that's better than the other options. More important than the name, our next course of action is vital, isn't it?"

There was a brief period before (Y/n) began to empower the Shadow Erdtree, and during that time, he pulled Melina into the know about Sellen's situation and Moony's presence.