Transitionary - 2

Whew, here it is, my friends! 

Trust me, this story hasn't been forgotten at all, I've just been really busy.

This chapter is pretty different than everything else in the story so far, so tell me what you think of it after you're done reading. 

Of course, whether or not it's liked, I feel like this chapter served the story very well, but I'm still very interested in how the change feels.

For this chapter's question: If you have any theories about the future of this story, what are they? If you don't have anything, what's a hope you have for this story?

Regardless of all that, I hope you enjoy the chapter! I'm pretty proud of what this chapter does for the story overall! I'm excited to continue this story in the near future!

-----

Kale hit the ground of the inside of the Carian Manor, water flying up to create a beautiful scene of falling rain. Several feet back, Hyetta softly landed, a gentle smile sitting on her face.

Just a few feet away from Kale, a spiritual being on horseback began to shimmer into existence. This was the Carian Family's Royal Knight, Loretta. She wielded a polearm that could be easily enhanced with magic, creating a threatening set of different weaponry.

Loretta immediately understood the danger of Kale's presence, and her steed bucked up on its hind legs as she held her weapon like a bow, magic doing a ton of work and creating a beautiful arrow of energy.

Kale stood up patiently as his red garbs flowed wildly. He glanced back at Hyetta, giggling and gesturing towards Loretta. "You'd think the Moon would be wiser than to trust a mere spirit to protect one of her choices, right?"

Hyetta bowed her head lightly in agreement. "Perhaps this would be a threat for a simple mortal warrior?"

Kale hummed in disbelief, and just as he turned his head to reface Loretta, she unleashed her attack. It flew towards the merchant, but as it reached a foot from him, the spell simply dissolved in a vibrant yellow lightshow, as if it had never been spawned at all. Kale whistled, "If so, maybe mortals are even weaker than I thought!"

He took a step forward, and it wasn't inaccurate to say that Loretta's form began to fade out of existence. Frenzied flames began to devour the spiritual form entirely, and in less than a second the Royal Knight was obscured and destroyed. There wasn't even any time for her to fight back.

Kale crossed his arms and frowned as the flames devoured the lingering spirit of the Royal Knight but failed to extinguish them. He shrugged casually and strolled through the yellow frenzied flames as the makeshift rain fell, unaffecting the flames.

Following quickly behind him, Hyetta spoke lowly. "My Lord, you will regain your true power. Our dear merchant's body is still getting used to the depths of your abilities."

Kale huffed, rolling his eyes. "I know you're just sucking up to me because of my cosmic awesomeness, but...." A grin began to rise to his face. "It's working. Y'know, this is why you're my favorite."

Hyetta's eyebrows rose minutely as the Three Sisters — three towers were where Ranni and her associates stayed — became vaguely visible within a thick fog. "My Lord, are you positive that isn't because I'm currently the only one?"

"Pshh, no, never!" He laughed, completely unperturbed as an ominous Glintstone Dragon began to form out of the fog. Before the dragon could even finish forming, Kale's eyes glowed with frenzy before a mix of frenzied electricity and flames spilled over the reptilian monster.