Roundtable Hold - 1

Woo, yet another chapter, my friends!

To be entirely honest, I'm mostly lost on these before-chapter-shorts. My questions are basically completely out at this point! So, how about this: If you guys have questions that you'd like to be asked at the beginning of chapters, put them here!

Ideally, they'd be Elden Ring-based questions, but beggers can't be choosers. 

Beyond that all, enjoy the chapter!

-----

Arriving at Mistwood wasn't much of a problem, not at all. Agheel was more than happy to fly (Y/n). He knew he was originally supposed to meet with Melina after taking down Godrick, but he had a feeling she could find him easily no matter where he was, so he decided to properly finish up Limgrave despite his prior words.

The Lands Between looked remarkably gorgeous as the sun began to set, the soft dusk light painting everything in beautiful reds and oranges. It was peaceful, riding on Agheel. He was out of the reach of many enemies, for the few that were still roaming Limgrave. The air rushing against his face and the total silence was relaxing for the man, until he heard distant complaining.

That was when he knew he'd arrived at his location.

Kenneth Haight was the son of King Haight, who used to rule over Limgrave. That king was murdered thoroughly by Godrick, so Kenneth was booted from his rightful spot to the throne. As such, that created a young man who complained a lot and did very little to solve his problems, which wasn't (Y/n)'s favorite kind of person.

To an extent, (Y/n) could understand the young man's plights, he just wasn't the biggest fan of people who moaned and groaned about their problems just to not try and fix them at all. However, Kenneth didn't deserve to die for being an annoyance, so (Y/n) dropped down from Agheel and landed right in front of Kenneth, sending dust and dirt shooting into the air.

Kenneth squeaked out a yelp, scrambling back and falling backwards. Through the dust and dirt, (Y/n)'s purple eyes glowed clearly. Kennth squeaked, "W-Who are you?!"

"Your savior," (Y/n) spoke casually, not bothering to humor Kenneth any more than he needed to. He gestured past Kennth, into the distance. "Fort Haight has been liberated. And Nepheli Loux will be the Queen of Limgrave, understood?"

Kenneth scrambled to his feet, approaching (Y/n) furiously, after he managed to regain his bearings. He simply couldn't understand why (Y/n) spoke to him so disrespectfully, furthermore, deciding to give the throne to someone who had no proof for their capabilities was something beyond agonizing for Kenneth to even imagine.

"How dare you! I'll have you know I will be the next ruler of Limgrave, after that peasant Godrick is stripped from the seat!" Kenneth yelled, although it came out more like an exasperated squeak, once more. "Now, you'll introduce yourself or so help me —"

(Y/n) simply looked at Kenneth, "Godrick is dead. And I killed him."

Kenneth's eyes widened, a bead of sweat suddenly running down his face. He took a nervous step backwards, tearing his eyes away from (Y/n)'s piercing eyes. "I... um," Kennth stuttered, trying to regain himself.

"Nepheli Loux will be the Queen of Limgrave, understood?" (Y/n) spoke easily. His words weren't a threat as much as a simple truth, one that was going to be completely impossible for Kenneth to change. (Y/n)'s unflinching gaze was more than enough to prove that.

"I... I understand, sir," Kenneth looked down, trying to be as respectful as he could manage, and (Y/n) suddenly felt a little bad for his way of approaching the situation. In his life as a prince, he must've been treated with everything he could dream of, never having to lift a finger.