Limgrave - 1

Here's the next chapter of this journey! Watch as our main character starts to grasp how overpowered he actually is! If you like it, leave a vote and some comments! They're always a joy to read!

-----

(Y/n) awoke with a jolting start, and his body was filled with newfound energy. He could remember the Outer Gods' conversation with startling clarity. However, it wasn't horribly hard for him to understand what was happening.

Especially when he looked over the surrounding area. It looked exactly like the Chapel of Anticipation, where his journey started all that time ago. Now, he knew it was East of Stormveil Castle, home of Godrick the Grafted. He was an annoying bastard to defeat, but (Y/n) didn't care enough to truly think about him.

He'd gone back in time, granted a second chance after the Outer God of Destined Death sacrificed himself. Honestly, he didn't know why an Outer God would sacrifice itself, but he wouldn't question it too much if it gave him a new try at life.

He rose from his spot and felt something immediately pulling him. He glanced to his right and saw a whisp of black energy rising from a maiden's corpse. He could tell exactly what he needed to do, and it was bizarre how much he understood his new abilities, despite never having experienced them before.

This was an innate connection with Destined Death, due to the Darkness choosing him as a successor, rather than a simple Vassal. Even the Elden Beast wasn't a successor to the Greater Will, and (Y/n) couldn't even comprehend the power he'd eventually gain.

And surprising to him, he was granted an ability to converse with those beyond Destined Death, that would return to the Erdtree. He even knew he could interfere with returning to the Erdtree, and after learning about Marika and the Elden Beasts' follies, he wasn't hesitating about interrupting the process.

He approached the maiden and extended his hand, uttering the first word that came to mind.

"Arise."

A smooth, entirely black, smokey hand shot out of the maiden's corpse, climbing up from the corpse and emerging from within and kneeling to (Y/n). She was clothed in the same garbs as she was when she passed, but the inky black energy rising from her body as well as her now purple eyes, reflecting (Y/n)'s, made it clear she was connected to him.

A screen flashed in his mind, telling him things he knew already.

[Shadow Maiden]
[Rank: 2]

(Y/n) hummed, feeling an odd new connection with the maiden. She was once someone else's love, and now he could feel a very intimate connection with her. However, he could also tell she was betrayed by the one she loved, for the Lord of Blood's favor.

And, interesting him further, it was Varrre, a familiar man who did such a thing. And he could sense all of that from one glance over the woman. She kneeled to (Y/n), showing him her utter respect. Then, she fell into the ground, becoming a sentient, moving Shadow. She remained under (Y/n)'s feet, satisfied with her new arrangements.

(Y/n) shook the thoughts from his head, deciding to figure out what to do with Varre after he found Melina. He focused on the energy pulsing through his veins and charged forward.

With speed he couldn't have imagined wielding, he blew through the doors in front of him and appeared in front of a large statue of Queen Marika. A burst of air followed, shaking the bridge he leapt clean over as he took a deep breath, surprised by himself.

In two mere steps, he closed an immaculate distance. He looked up at he noticed a Grafted Scion jumping over a statue of Queen Marika. (Y/n) looked at the statue bitterly, and leapt upwards before the Scion could land, taking its head in his hand before spinning and pulling the enemy with him.