Transitionary - 1

Hello, hello, my friends! This is one of the first chapters that I couldn't easily put into an area for a category. Maybe it'll be the first and last of this kind, maybe not!

I'm pretty happy with the contents of this chapter, with some more character, system, and story events happening than the last chapter provided. 

For a question, I've got one that has nothing to do with Elden Ring! Rather, this has to do with one of my other stories, Dual Leveling! How many of you have read it before?

Okay, okay, that's a bit self-indulgent. Another question: Who's a waifu that you hope to see more of in this story?

With all of that mumbo-gumbo out of the way, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Those of you with Elden Ring knowledge and sharp eyes will definitely begin to pick up on some story beats!

-----

Approaching what should've been the Black Blade Kindred's corpse, (Y/n) was extremely surprised to see Godrick, Grey, and Radahn all standing around, confused.

Indeed, the Gargoyle (Y/n) expected to find, there was nothing. Quirking an eyebrow at the door to the Bestial Sanctum, (Y/n) and Melina passed the Shadows and entered the Bestial Sanctum.

It was still and quiet, as if all life had been scrounged away.

At the end of the Bestial Sanctum should've been Gurranq, the Beast Clergyman. He was also known as Maliketh, the Shadow of Marika. Unlike Blaidd, (Y/n) had no qualms with getting Gurranq's help, as he was a very, very strong fighter.

In fact, the exact reason why they'd came to the Beastial Sanctum was to gain Maliketh's assistance.

But Gurranq was nowhere to be seen.

(Y/n) scoured the room for any and all possible signs of the person, but there was nothing at all. No signs of combat, no signs of escape, it was just like Gurranq had entirely disappeared. Or rather, like he'd never been there in the first place.

Melina looked around, pursing her lips. "How odd. I suppose the changes we made were recognized more than we realized."

(Y/n) frowned, turning to Melina. "What do you mean?"

Melina gestured to the surroundings. "Gurranq left here by his choice. There's been no struggle, no fight. And yet, he's clearly gone. Even his loyal follower, the Black Blade Kindred is gone. I believe they've gone somewhere together."

(Y/n) nodded, agreeing with Melina's observations. "But then, the question is: Where did they go?"

"Do you have any Shadows that would be best for information gathering? The faster we find him, the better," Melina suggested.

(Y/n) thought about his Shadows, and he figured that the Black Knife Assassin would be the best for gaining information. Specifically, now she would be better for that than ever.

[Black Knife Assassin]
[Currently Unnamed]
[Rank: 6]

[Magical Shadow Synergy (2): Have over 50 Magical Shadows.]

[Skill – Shadow Cloak]
The user may cloak themselves and up to 49 other Shadows. While cloaked, physical and magical detection is impossible. The skill is deactivated when the user or any cloaked Shadows attacks.

Because of the Magical Synergy she was enhanced by, she could have an entire squad dedicated to information gathering without immediately having to fight.

Unfortunately, he couldn't send her to Crumbling Farum Azula, because she'd need to stick with the Magical Shadows to benefit from her skill, but (Y/n) couldn't complain much.