St. Trina's Dreamworld - 1

I'm determined to finish this story soon, and I'm absolutely stoked to use the ideas for the Dreamworld that have been floating around in my head since before I started writing this story.

For this chapter's question: Who's your favorite boss in Elden Ring, and why?

I feel like I may've asked that already, but it feels fairly new to me, so I'm going with it!

Regardless of that, enjoy the chapter! More will be coming soon!

-----

The Shadow Sovereign and the (Arguably) Strongest Demigod walked down the misty path towards St. Trina's Dreamworld.

The path was a cobblestone and completely straight, with everything around and above completely obscured by an ever-pervading fog.

For the first half an hour, their guards were up. (Y/n) had no prior knowledge about St. Trina's Dreamworld, so he was prepared to give any threats everything he had. Malenia was just the same, even without a past life's information behind her.

The unknown threats and environment had them prepared for anything, but when they just continued to walk for an hour, and then two hours, they knew something was off.

"What is with this place?" (Y/n) sighed, becoming thoroughly annoyed with the misty fog. When extending his supernatural senses, he found his senses faltering and trudging through the fog slower than he desired. When he attempted to step off the path, he found himself falling before slamming right back into the cobblestone.

Flight, unfortunately, was a similar scenario, as was jumping.

Malenia wasn't quite as annoyed, but her patience was running thin. "I suppose this is where Miquella dwells. Let's run down the path instead of walking. It could possibly just be a much further distance than we expected."

Nodding in muted agreement, (Y/n) took off with Malenia following right behind him. As they took off down the path, all the way down the path, they began to get closer to the misty fog. Suddenly, a presence appeared within both of their senses, directly above them.

Without even sharing a glance, both experienced fighters leapt into the air and swiped their weapons into the unknown presence. Their weapons slashed through nothing, but all around them, a voice cried out.

"Hey, don't attack me!" It was a woman's voice, shrill and wild. All at once, the surrounding area's fog began to pull around a single spot.

(Y/n) reflexively shielded his eyes from the vortex, but Malenia just blankly looked on, her weapon still outstretched and prepared.

A moment passed, then a young woman no older than ten years old revealed herself. Her long silver hair ran down her face that was covered in a half mask, shielding her eyes. Her ragged clothes and petite form were striking despite her clearly developed magical abilities.

In the corner of his eyes, (Y/n) noticed Malenia tensing. He gave her a glancing look, but she didn't return it, her focus entirely on the fog-formed little girl.

"Do you just go around attacking every fog you have a problem with, huh?!" The little girl pointed at the two, her thin finger shaking wildly. "For some old people, you surely have no manners!"

With the surrounding fog vanquished, (Y/n) could spread his magical senses freely. There wasn't anything in the immediate surroundings, besides a flourish of Trina's Lilies coating the green plains.

Down the cobblestone path, a large mansion stood. But in the far distance off the path to the left, (Y/n) could see an intriguing sight that was oddly familiar.