[ Mayuzumi ] - Noticeable

You sat there on the balcony, looking over the large, shiny Winter Cup court with wide-eyes as the last few seconds were ticking down. The crowd cheered as much as they could, whether it was for Seirin or Rakuzan. As for you, you were holding your breath for Rakuzan's victory which seemed almost indeterminable with what Seirin has been pulling out. 00.00 Time ran out.

105 - 106

Rakuzan loses, making Seirin the victors.

You were speechless, saddened by the loss of Rakuzan. Still watching, the captain of Rakuzan begins to talk to the ace of Seirin, Mibuchi and Nebuya sit on the bench for awhile taking in what has happened, and Hayama... Poor Hayama, who was sobbing his eyes out. In the corner of your eye, Rakuzan's phantom headed out, leaving the team and court behind; and of course, you had to follow.

[ Time Skip ]

"Wait!" You pant, trying to catch up to the grey-haired male who was merely a few meters away from the entrance of the building, his back facing it. "I said wait!" You cry out once more, gaining his attention. He looks at you, turning his head side to side to see if it was really him you were calling out for.

"Are you talking to me?" He asks quite calmly despite the hard loss as you nod, still running to him.

"Yeah... I am." You finally reach him, trying to regain your breath from running after him. Your cheeks are flushed and sweat beads were forming on your forehead. "I-I'm from Rakuzan as well... and-"

"You are?" He inquires, quite surprised even though he still bears that monotone expression on his face. You nod again, finally cooling down. "What do you want? Usually people just ignore me or they don't even know I exist." He adds, his eyes focused on the snow-covered cement.

"Erm... I don't know how to say this then." You quietly mumble under your breath. For heaven's sake, this guy didn't even know you existed till now. "My name is (L/N) (F/N) and I am in my second year." You introduce yourself, bowing in front of the startled Mayuzumi Chihiro. "You say that people ignore you or often forget you are even there, but..." You can feel the heat on your face and the deep blush forming all the way to the tips of your ears. "I have noticed you ever since I saw you reading your light novel on the rooftop and I swear, I couldn't forget about you ever since." You confess, your eyes shut tightly, expecting a rejection from your senpai.

"I see." He manages to say after your confession as a chuckle escapes his lips, along with white mist form the cold weather. "Nice to meet you, (L/N)." You slowly open your eyes, standing up straight. "Well I wouldn't just hook up with you without getting to know you first, of course. But I am willing to take the time to get to know you before anything big starts between us." A small smile forms on his face as a rather large grin forms on yours.

"O-of course, Mayuzumi-senpai." You try to say without seeming too overly enthusiastic and excited. He nods, turning to face away from you and the building.

"I'm hungry. Care to go for a night snack, (L/N)?" He asks, looking back at you before walking away. You quickly shuffle to his side as he allows you to wrap your arms around his arm which you happily do.

"..."

"...say, did you really fall for me when you first saw me on the rooftop?"

"Mhm. B-but people never really notice me, so I tend to just get mixed in with the background." You reply, frowning as you two still continued to walk to a nicely lit coffee shop.

"I think we'll get along just fine." He chuckles, opening the door for you as you walked into the coffee shop. You just shrug your shoulders, absolutely happy that someone has finally noticed you. And Mayuzumi felt the same way.

------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry if this way bad. I really wasn't sure about his character, but uhm... Can I say how proud and content I am with his character design in the anime. He is a bunch of fine phantom stuff. Hahaha.

Until next time, Kougou-sama.

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!