[ Midorima ] - Precious Time ( Part Two )

AU(Tokyo Ghoul)

Please read [ Midorima ] - Precious Time to understand what is happening in this part.

"Seijuro?" You drop the blood-drenched arm onto the ground, wiping your mouth with the bottom hem of the grey T-shirt. "W-what are you doing here?" You sniffle, getting up. By now, both of your kagune returned to its normal state, along with your (E/C) orbs. 

"I was simply passing by, watching the chaos unravel between a green and (favorite color) beauty and the large formation of ghoul investigators. And it has merely brought me back to you." The red-haired boss smiled, taking firm steps into the house that now reeked of flesh going bad. "Hm. I was always curious about where you retired and I see, it is here." Akashi chuckles, shaking his head as he swiftly strides to the horrific kitchen. You watch the male closely, and he scopes the area, squatting down to your beloved boyfriend. "This man here... He is not ghou-"

"Don't touch him!" You shout, your chest heaving up and down at a rapid pace. "Seijuro, please." You beg the red-haired boy who merely ignores you.

"Silence, (F/N). Even though you left our infamous association, I am still your superior." Akashi states, running his slim fingers along the slashes of Midorima's eyes, examining them. "Tell me, (F/N). Why is a human like him, doing in your home? I can tell by his clothing, he is not an investigator." The red-haired male turns back at you, piercing you with his heterochromatic eyes.

"H-he's... I love him." Your voice breaks as you quickly make it pass the dead bodies, dropping beside the lifeless body of your boyfriend.

"I see. Well, then I believe this belongs to you then." Akashi pulls a small velvet box out of the green-haired male's t-shirt pocket, placing it gently into your blood-stained palms. "Congratulations." He stands up, grabbing a seat on your stool to give you a moment to process what the box was.

"This... T-this can't... be." You can feel the tears returning to your eyes as they find their way down your cheeks. You slowly flicked the box open, only to be shown a silver ring with a sparkling diamond as its centerpiece. Around the large diamond, engraved into the silver part were small nicely cut emerald pieces that reminded you of Midorima. "I... I don't understand." You choke on your salty tears, trying to convince yourself that it really wasn't an engagement ring. But of course, it was.

"I'm very sorry for your loss." Akashi says, expressionless. He must have seen so many deaths in his lifetime that this was no more than just another. You couldn't blame him, obviously. But to see someone like that, you really couldn't feel anything, but pity for them.

"Seijuro, can't you do something?" You whip your head to look at him, desperately begging with your red swollen eyes. He just looked at you, then the corpse beside you.

"Perhaps." Akashi sighs, deep in thought. You sit there, slipping the ring onto the marriage finger on your left hand.

"SHE IS STILL IN THERE!" You and Akashi quickly turn to look out the broken window, finding yourselves trapped by more cars and soldiers that are ready to attack. "BARGE ON 3!"

"Oh my god." You panic, struggling to lift Midorima's body with you. Akashi's lips pull into a tight line as he hops off the stool, allowing himself to indulge in his kagune. His beautiful red and yellow eyes become clouded with black. As a cannibal of his own kind for a much longer period than you have been, his kagune is something never seen before. Or shall I say kakuja.

"How annoying. I am absolute." Akashi's kakuja stuns you at how beautiful and bright it was. Yellow and red flickered in the room, covering every part of him except his infamous trademark; Emperor's eye. You found yourself looking straight at the black and yellow(rather than red) eyes as Akashi swooped you and Midorima under his abnormally large wing, cupping you away from the outside. You could hear the guns being shot and the screams of those losing their life to the SSS ranked ghoul who was highly wanted.