[ Riko ] - I am a girl

It was chilly out today, a little too chilly for your taste in weather. You didn't mind it that much since the view of red, orange, and yellow leaves danced in the air was breath-taking. So it made up for the fact it was cold out.

But you ask, what were you doing out on a cold day? If it were just for the leaves, You could admire them from inside your cozy bedroom. Easy as that. But no, you had a reason as to why you were out there. You were called last week by a friend, Aida Riko, to help assist with a very "important" task.

To whip her team into tip-top shape.

[ ... ]

"Sorry for being late!" You announce, slamming the gym doors of Seirin High open. Multiple pair of eyes met with yours, but the only one you were looking for were your friend's. You watched the boys shiver from the cool breeze, some cursing under their breath.

"Who is she?" One of the taller males ask. He looked quite odd for a regular high school boy, considering the fact he had reddish hair and, well... His eyebrows looked like the Nike signature logo; the check mark.

Before you could answer his question, (probably the whole team's question,) a voice broke the imaginary wall separating you from them.

"She is (L/N) (F/N)!" You look around to find the owner of the voice. The instant you saw her big brown eyes walking towards you, a wide smile crept onto your face. "Welcome. I haven't seen you in awhile!"

"Back at you, Riri." You give the brunette a wink as she runs to you, giving you a strong hug. You can hear the team's confusion, but it doesn't ruin the moment between you and your friend.

It takes a minute or two until you and her part. You chuckle silently as she turned to face her team with her hands on her hips, illuminating with power and authority. That's your girl.

"As I said, this is (L/N) (F/N)! I invited her here to get you guys back into shape! So please be nice to her and show her some respect! Or you'll regret it." Riko demands, and the boys nod in unison with each other. "We will begin the training in 5 minutes!"

As the team dispersed into their separate activities, some either shooting, dribbling, or just filling up their water bottles; there was not a single man who was doing nothing. You could tell (by instinct) that this team was going to make it far.

"(F/N), I can't believe you actually accepted." Riko caught your attention once more and you let out yet another chuckle in response.

"Well why wouldn't I have?" Her smile is reciprocated on your face as you two continue your short conversation. It went from how you utterly despised your high school in Kyoto to how much she loved your outfit. From time to time, you would glance over her shoulder to see a few guys staring. But after your eyes made contact with theirs, they immediately turned and went on to what they were doing.

The 5 minutes went by quick after the tasteful conversation between you and Riko, and you had finished settling your stuff on the bench nearby.

Tweeeet!

A loud whistle blow echoed in the gym, shooting chills down your spine. Some were startled so bad, you laughed when the guy shooting a three in mid-air jerk and miss his landing. Therefore causing him to fall hard onto his bottom.

"Riko!" He called out, and your friend only shrugs her shoulders before getting on with what she deemed more important.

"Okay! Okay! We will begin now. Work hard and I better not see any slackers! I'll hand this over to (F/N)." Riko's voice projects loudly in the gym, leaving no one in bewilderment on her instructions. Now it was your turn to follow that.