SPECIAL! [ Haizaki ] - Scaredy Cat

A special thank for my followers who brought me to 200+! I really appreciate you guys putting up with my late updates. Hope you enjoy!

"Shugo! I said I'm scared!" You shout, wiping the snot and tears from your face onto your pink sleeve.

"Come on! It is just a little hill before we get to the secret pond I found!" The grey-haired 7 year old ushered, tugging on your arm. You stood at the top of the hill with your hand in his, afraid to go any further. "Don't be a baby!"

"B-but I am really scared..." You sniffle. Of course you were scared. You were only 5 years old. You had no clue what lied beyond the hill.

"You are such a scaredy cat!" Your bestfriend shouted, giving your hand one last pull before letting it go. His eyes practically popped out of his head when you flew. Your petite body tumbled down the hill and into the trees.

"Ah-!" You shriek as your vision twisted. It was as if you were on a spinning ride at the annual carnival, except this time, it hurt. You heard your name being called out multiple times and for a second, you could see the daring boy run after you.

"(F/N)! (F/N)!"

When you finally reached the bottom, you cried. Hard. New cuts and bruises covered your once porcelain skin and your ankle was sprained. You wailed, holding your foot that began to throb and ache badly. Haizaki finally reached you, quickly kneeling to your side.

"(F/N)! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to make you fall!" He pants, inhaling deeply to regain his breath after running down the hill the fastest he could. You looked at him and just cried even more, pushing him away too.

"It is your fault my leg hurts! I think it is broken!" You sob, using your other leg to kick him away. He sighed and took a few kicks to the chest before you stopped.

"A-Are you..." He grunts, rubbing his chest. "You kick so hard!" The young boy complains, making you kick him once more. "Ow! Okay! We are fair!"

"You broke my leg!" You scream, still holding your purple ankle. His round grey eyes peer at your injury. And obviously only being 7, he had no clue how to fix it. You watched him turn his back to you, still kneeling.

"Get on, (F/N)." Haizaki ordered and you obey, climbing onto his back. Once you finally got comfortable, he stood up, his arms wrapped around your legs. "Are you okay?" He asks and you nod, resting your head on his shoulder. With a few unsteady steps at first, he carries you to the pond that he found yesterday when you were doing chores.

"Wow..." Your big (E/C) eyes light up at how pretty and fairytail-like the body of water was. Cat tails and bright flowers surrounded the pond while water lillies floates on it. You smiled at the small critters who enjoyed the pond, especially the frogs that lounged around doing nothing but catch bugs with their long tongues.

"See? It is pretty right?" Haizaki says, walking over to a large rock to gently place you down.

"It is. But what are you going?" You ask, staring at Haizaki whole he rolled up his grey trousers. He turned to you to flash you a quick grin before stepping into the water to grab a lily.

"Just watch and quit yapping!" He replied, making you pout. His hands grasped a water lily before heading out of the pond.

"..." You tilted your head as he got out to walk over to you.

"Here." Haizaki says quietly, handing the pink flower over to you. A wide smile plasters your face as you gratefully accept it. "Now lets go home." The grey-haired boy turns, piggybacking you once again.

"Thank you Shugo, it is pretty." You thank him, wrapping your arms tighter around him. You sing your favorite song as he carries you back and over the hill. Usually he would complain about you singing, but this time, he stayed quiet; occasionally humming with you. "Oh by the way, I am still telling my mom on you!" You say, making the boy jump a bit.

"I GAVE YOU A FLOWER THOUGH, (F/N)!"

--
A/N: I love writing one shots when the reader and KnB character are kids. They are the cutest!

One time, I tripped down the hill and no one gave me a piggyback ride, Kougou-sama//09.05.2015