𝟓𝟖. checking out on the prison bus

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty-eight : checking out on the prison bus
{ season four - episode ten }

chapter fifty-eight : checking out on the prison bus{ season four - episode ten }

SHE STARED DOWN at the gray concrete flooring, cracks slithering through it. Birds in the distance sang, grateful that they were out of reach from the dead. Perhaps, maybe if so many things didn't go to shit that day, things would've been recalled as peaceful.

Kloe Rhee held her head low as her long, raven brown hair fell down the sides. Her hair had gotten so long that it was like it was almost touching the ground from where she sat. It was only inches away from her waist, performing natural curls the further down her hair got.

Sasha Williams had wrapped the woman's left arm firmly with bandages from one of the backpacks they managed to grab onto before rushing out of the prison's premises.

After she had finished patching up Kloe, she covered Bob's shoulder with more white bandages. Maggie Greene scraped her knife across the ground around four meters away from her best friend.

And lastly, Vickie Parson sat by herself, staring up at the trees as she sealed her eyes shut. She continuously wished for her daughter to be safe, unharmed. She knew that was a low possibility for Brianna to be safe, but all she could do was hope.

For the first time, Kloe had been separated from her family for good. She had no idea where any of them were, her heart feeling like someone had ripped into it and pulled out right there in front of her.

It was like someone had dropped it onto the ground, like no one was there to save her while she bled out. She felt the weakness. She felt sadness. She felt anger. She felt out of place.

The anger within her started to take over, causing her to grit her teeth with all the strength she had. She lifted her raging eyes slightly up to the water that she was sitting by, cupped her hands together and grabbed a handful of water.

Without thinking, she splashed her face with the water, taking her breath away from the sudden coldness that seeped onto her skin. Her body shuddered, wringing her hands dry as she stood up.

She watched over the creek one last time before turning around to Maggie. She crouched down, her face solemn as she eyed the blade that was being scraped across the ground.

"Hey," said Kloe in the softest tone she could do. She gently set her hand on Maggie's shoulder, covered by her maroon colored shirt. Maggie lifted her head to the side, looking at the other woman with saddened eyes. She had gone through so much in one day - they all had. Her father was brutally murdered in front of her, and she had no idea where her sister was. "We'll find her."

Maggie managed to smile slightly, thankful for Kloe to be there with her. Kloe's ears then piqued on footsteps behind her and the Greene woman, not having to look to know that it was Sasha.