Chapter 4

Third Person

It's been a few weeks since the dinner, and Diamond and Liam haven't seen each other. Diamond was quite pleased that she didn't have to act nice in front of the Parks. However, Mrs Miller had something up on her sleeves that she was going to announce today.

"Diamond, go get ready, we are going to a business party!" Mrs Miller said.

"A party? Where?"

"Euphoric Empire!"

"Isn't that Liam's company?"

"Yes!" She yells back. "Now get ready!"

Diamond did as she was told and began dressing up for the party. Wearing a black dress that has a slit on the right, she put on light makeup and let her braids fall down her back with a few tied around to prevent them from falling on her face. Looking decent, she went downstairs to be greeted by her smiling mother, who seemed very excited.

"Are you ready, darling?"

"Yes, mom."

"Great, let's go."

The Miller family got into their car and drove to the Golden River Hotel. That's where the party was being held. The ride was peaceful, with Mrs Miller acting weirdly excited. As if something grand will be happening.

The Millers arrived at the hotel and were immediately greeted by flashing cameras and random news journalists. Questions were asked until security escorted them inside.

"Jessica, my friend, you look amazing." A voice chimed in front of them.

"Oh Michelle, you look gorgeous as well." Mrs Miller replied with a bright smile.

"Thank you."

"Diamond, you look so beautiful,you resemble the beauty your mom has." Mrs Park said admirably.

Slightly flustered, Diamond just smiled and muttered a soft "thank you" and greeted the others.

After a few minutes of a useless conversation, Diamond spots Liam and Nathan talking at the corner of the hall. Both brothers looked very handsome and were both dressed in formal but stylish suits. She moves off in opposite directions to the snack corner, trying to distract herself.

"You're drooling." Aya comments, pressing her hands on her friend's shoulders.

"No, I'm not." Diamond declares swatting her friend away.

"I must say, the brothers look handsome."

Diamond deflects the comment. "Why did you not tell me you were invited?"

"Thought it was obvious."

Diamond narrows her eyes.

"You should be happy that I'm here as your emotional support, you know?" Aya scolds, pointing a finger at her friend. "Who knows what you'll do without me."

Diamond rolls her eyes. "Sure."

"Come on, let's get back to the party before people start looking for us."

The two head back to their designated table and sat down silently. It seems as if the Millers had been placed on the Parks table as Liam was situated next to Diamond.

Coincidence? I think not.

"Don't they look like a cute couple?" Mrs Park gushes, looking over to her friend for support.

"Oh definitely." Mrs Park emphasized. "Swoon-worthy I'm certain."

The two mothers then share a laugh, raising both Diamond and Liam's suspicions.