Chapter 18

"Do you have any late meetings today?" Diamond asks, securing her purse on her shoulder.

"No." Liam responds as he finishes his coffee. "I'll be home on time."

"Good. Martha, we are leaving now!" Diamond says loudly as Martha was in the kitchen.

"Have a great day at work today my dears!" She yells back.

The couple make their way to the garage and enter their respective cars. Sending a small wave, Diamond is first to leave with Liam following shortly after.

Meanwhile, Liza was in the kitchen grabbing a bite to eat after a very much-needed rest. Being a flight attendant was a difficult job that required plenty of patience. Thankfully, Liza found herself to be pretty patient.

"Mother, why did Liam and Diamond come out of different bedrooms this morning?"

"Hmm?" Martha responds partially listening.

"I mean," Liza begins as she pushes herself onto the countertop, "I was going to the bathroom and I saw Liam coming out of a bedroom whilst Diamond came out of the one adjacent to it. I thought they are married."

"They are," Martha answers.

"Then why separate rooms?"

"Maybe it's how they prefer to do it. I don't know about their preferred sleeping arrangements dear."

Liza was growing more and more curious by the passing minute. Her mother had never answered questions by deflecting, yet here she is, being as cryptic as possible.

How odd.

"Aren't they newlyweds?" Liza continues, not planning to stop until she got all the answers.

"They are."

"Then why aren't they sharing?"

Martha lets out a deep sigh. "Not every newlywed has to share a room. There's no written rule that says they should."

"But mom-"

"Dear, these people are my employers. They pay me to make sure their house is livable. That's it. I don't need to know any of their business. That's their privacy."

Liza crosses her arms not happy with the answers she's getting.

"Mr. and Mrs. Park have been kind enough to offer you a place to stay. The least you can do is appreciate their kindness and minding your own business. Let them do what they feel is right. It's neither mine nor your business."

Liza's shoulders deflate somewhat understanding her mother.

"Okay, mom. I understand."

"Good girl." Martha smiles.

"Hey, we are home!" Liam announces, walking inside the house after his wife.

"Evening." Liza greets, smiling.

"Hello Liza. How are you?" Diamond asks warmly.

"I'm still fatigued. Long distance flights do that to you."

"I can't imagine the jetlag." Liam comments placing his briefcase down.

"You get used to it."

Diamond chuckles. "I don't think Liam ever will. He gets the flight blues."

"It only happened when we went to France."

"Did it?"

"It did."

"Sure Liam." Diamond laughs walking away.

"It really did!"

Liza watches as Liam chuckles softly at his wife's silliness. What a beautiful smile he had. And the dimples that popped up every time he smiled widely were just precious.

Liam was too busy being distracted by his phone that he had not realized Liza's eyes examining him. He had already moved past her and was walking slowly towards the staircase, typing away.

How did Diamond get such a beautiful man? Liam is just perfect. His smile, his voice, his face and his kindness. Diamond was truly lucky.

Extremely lucky.

"Can I help you with something?" a voice says snapping Liza out of her admiration.

"How long have you and Diamond been married?"

Liam puts his phone away. "Around two months."

"It hasn't been that long then." Liza says laughing quietly.

"Yeah." Liam mumbles.

"Are you two...happy?"

"I am not sure what you mean?"

"Oh don't overthink it! I meant it as a general question." Liza quickly responds.

"Diamond and I get along great so yes, we are very happy with each other."

A small feeling of disappointment rushes through Liza's veins. "Oh, I see. That's wonderful. I wish you two the best."

"Thanks." Liam smiles before turning his back and heading upstairs to freshen up.

Note yourself, Liza. Never crush on a married man.

~~~~

Hey lovelies!

Another chapter for you!

Anyways how is everyone. I hope you're doing great.

Please follow my social media!!

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

💞💞💞💞