Chapter 14

“So how was the honeymoon? Did you guys have fun?” Jackson asks settling down on his chair.

Liam nods as he sips his coffee. “Well yeah, Paris is a beautiful place.”

“And how’s it going marriage-wise? Considering the conditions and all.”

Jackson had come to know about the whole truth behind the marriage. Upon hearing about his friend’s engagement, Jackson could not believe Liam had been engaged to someone when he barely went out on dates. Jackson had figured out that there was something wrong with the marriage. He still doesn’t fully understand the reasoning behind it all, but there’s nothing he can do but support his friend in whatever he wants to do.

Secretly, he thinks Diamond is a good match for Liam.

“We’re good. She took care of me when I was sick.”

Jackson chuckles. “She took care of your whiney ass and didn’t run away? Did she drag you to the hospital?”

Liam gives his friend a droll look. “Jackson I hate the hospital.”

“So she took care of you by herself?”

Liam nods.

“Wow, she’s a keeper,” Jackson concludes leaning back on his chair.

Liam doesn’t respond but instead drinks his coffee.

“You know, we agreed to be friends. We have our space and live well together. Just like roommates.”

Jackson lifts an eyebrow at the word ‘roommates.’

Liam ignores the look and continues speaking. “But I know nothing about her. It’s weird you know?” He rambles clutching his cup tightly. “Imagine if we were to go out and people start questioning how our relationship progressed. How can I answer that when I know nothing about my wife?"

“Then get to know her,” Jackson suggests simply.

Liam lifts his head to face his friend.

Jackson leans closer to the table. “Take her out and do fun activities and stuff. Show her your interests and ask about hers. Talk to each other. That’s the only way you’ll learn more about her.”

“What if she’s not interested?”

“You won’t know unless you try.” Jackson finishes off wisely. “Besides Diamond seems cool. I don’t think she’ll be the type to blow you off.”

Liam wasn’t sure about that.

~~~

“What was wrong with her?” Liam asks listening to his friend talk about his dates.

“Well firstly, she lied about her age.” He explains. “She said she was twenty-four but then confessed to being nineteen when we were having drinks. Never left a bar that quickly.”

Liam laughs at his friend. “That’s just one bad date out of plenty. Why haven’t you found someone you like yet Jackson?”

Jackson rubs the back of his neck. “I don’t know man. None of them feel right. Maybe I just don’t want to find someone yet. Does that make sense?”

Liam nods in understanding. ‘Take your time. I’m sure I’ll be hearing you ramble about the love of your life in a few years.” He jokes.

Liam's phone goes off signaling a message. He checks his phone before typing something back.

“Who’s that?”

“Diamond.” He responds, putting his phone back on the table. “She’s making dinner and asked for me to not eat anything heavy.”

“And you say she might not be interested.” Jackson mocks. “She’s cooking for you right now and yet you think she’s going to blow you off?”

Liam shrugs. “She’s nice that way.”

“Yeah right.”

~~~

Lol Jackson knows.

Anyways...

I might make an alternate Jackson in another book I dunno...

I just like his name

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

Insta: jseraphina_writes
Website: selflivingcare.home.blog