Chapter 23

Two months had almost passed since Liza's departure from the Park's home. Although they didn't want to admit it, Liam and Diamond loved the peace and quiet they had knowing a third party was prancing around in their home. They were already used to Martha as she had become family, but Liza...Not so much.

During these weeks that had passed, Diamond and Liam had grown closer to each other. They made sure to eat dinner together unless one person had to be late. They went out on dates occasionally and if they had decided to stay in, they would spend that day chilling, binging on movies spending quality time together.

Liam would say their relationship was progressing smoothly.

It is currently lunchtime and Diamond is seated on her desk working away. Aya, who makes sure her friend doesn't work on an empty stomach, entered her friend's office only to find her glued to her laptop.

"It's lunchtime you know? You need to eat." Aya scolds, crossing her arms.

"I'm almost done with this report. I'll eat afterwards."

Rolling her eyes, Aya walks towards the windows, where she looks down to see various people striding about.

"When is Liam coming to get you?"

"Anytime now. Which is why I need to finish this quickly." Diamond answers, her hands moving at a ridiculously fast pace.

As work got more hectic for the married couple, Liam took it upon himself to take his wife out to lunch with him every Tuesday. Diamond who liked the idea was obviously up for it, creating a new tradition for them.

Aya watches as her friend scrambles about trying to finish her work. Upon finishing, Diamond hastily stands up rushing out of her office.

"Where are you going?!" Aya yells after her.

"Bathroom!"

Chuckling at her friend, Aya starts to make her way out of the office but returned when she heard Diamond's phone buzz.

Maybe its Liam.

It wasn't.

Instead it was a reminder on Diamond's phone that had gone off that Aya had just read.

Oh no.

Meanwhile, Liam stepped out of his car and walks towards the large building in front of him. Entering the door, he begins to make his way toward Diamond's office.

"Excuse me, sir?" A woman calls out, making Liam stop and turn around to face her.

"Yes?"

"May I ask where you are going? You do not seem like an employee for this company."

"I'm not. I'm here to meet someone." Liam explains.

"May I ask whom that is?" The lady questions, examining him.

"Mrs. Diamond Park."

The lady seems stoic for several seconds until she speaks up. "You cannot see Mrs. Park unless you have an appointment. She's an executive you see."

Liam nods in understanding. "I'm aware."

"Mrs Park isn't scheduled to see anyone at this time. If you give me your name I will add you to the list."

Before Liam could answer, another voice interrupts.

"Sharon, what are you doing?" The man asks, panic evident in his voice.

"I found this man entering the building. Since he is not an employee I had to ask where he was headed. He said to be going to Mrs. Park's office."

"This man is Mrs. Park's husband Sharon!" The man informs, exasperated.