Chapter 31

Diamond stares at herself on the mirror, trying to calm her nerves.

Lionel is back. He is right here, a few meters away from me.

Does he know I'm married?

If he didn't, well now he does know.

The bathroom entrance opens, announcing another person. Focusing on washing her hands, Diamond didn't realize who had entered the room.

"Diamond." A familiar voice calls out, making her freeze.

"What are you doing here? This is the woman's bathroom." She hisses not bothering to turn around.

"I missed you," Lionel responds, a smile on his face.

Looking at his reflection, Diamond opts to ignore him. Stepping away from the sink, Diamond heads on to grab a handful of paper towel, to which she feels a hand touching her shoulder.

Slowly turning around, Diamond comes in face to face with a man she thought she wasn't going to see ever again.

He hadn't changed. Not one bit. Those blue eyes that once looked at Diamond with love were still exactly the same. Only this time, they held a different emotion.

Loneliness, longing.

Dressed in a navy blue suit, Lionel looked as dashing as ever. The handsome face that once blew Diamond away was looking directly at her, all of his emotions pouring out.

Strangely, Diamond felt nothing but a deep pool of resentment bubbling at the pit of her stomach.

"Lionel-"

Lionel shushes her as he continues to stare.

"Let me look at you. Just for a moment."

"No." Diamond firmly responds. "You are in the women's bathroom. Get out!"

"Is that the greeting I get?"

"What greeting do you want? You left at your own accord remember?"

Not expecting Diamond's coldness, Lionel seems visibly caught off guard by her statements.

"Let me explain-"

Diamond lifts her hand in the air stopping him. "I don't want to hear it."

"Diamond-"

"No!"

Silence fills the room as the two continue staring at each other. Diamond turns around, preparing to make her exit, only to be stopped by Lionel's words.

"You look absolutely amazing, Diamond. It's been so long, yet your beauty is still mesmerizing."

One would be flattered by such smooth words. However, Diamond wasn't impressed. Not in the slightest. How can this man look so unphased after abandoning the person he claimed to love for a whole eternity?

Opting to remain silent, Diamond shifts back to look at Lionel, a cold glare evident in her eyes.

"You shouldn't have left then."

Lionel stays silent, Diamond's words ringing in his head as guilt rushes in his veins. With one swift movement, Lionel manages to capture Diamond's lips on his, completely catching her off guard.

What. The. Hell.

Lionel was desperately kissing her, as if his life depended on it. Diamond did not appreciate that. Not responding, Diamond tries to push him off.

In fact, she did not want to respond. Thinking back to her husband, Diamond finds her strength and shoves him off her.

A feeling of confusion spreads through her as she stares at Lionel with disgust.

"Why would you do that? Don't you know I'm married."

Lionel doesn't respond, as he stares at the ground in shame.

"Don't come near me ever again Lionel. I mean it."

Turning around, Diamond prepares to walk away.

"What if you weren't? Would you have kissed me back?"

This time, she doesn't turn back to face him. Walking away, she hurriedly opens the door, leaving her former loved one in there. Happy that she was successful in escaping, Diamond couldn't help but think back to Lionel's words.

Would she have responded if Liam wasn't her husband?

Did she miss Lionel?

Will his return get in the way of her new relationship with Liam?

What have I gotten myself into?

~~~

Be gone Lionel

Okay I'm the first draft of the book Diamond was actually meant to reciprocate the kiss and the two actually make it.

BUT

Ya girl here doesn't condone such nonsense.

So I changed it.

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

Socials in bio

❤️❤️❤️