Chapter 20

Liam stands in front of the café entrance with Diamond next to him.

"Come on," Liam says opening the door for his wife.

Diamond enters the cute-looking cafe and the smell of sweet goods immediately enters her nostrils.

"Welcome to Autumn Leaves. How may I help you?"

"Can I please get the vanilla and strawberry combo? Four slices. Diamond?"

Diamond sends a quick glance to her husband before looking over at the cashier again.

"Uhm," she says eyes roaming at the sweet delicacies in front of her. "The mint chocolate cake looks delicious. Two slices."

Liam passes a questionable look at his wife.

"What?" Diamond asks, noticing the look her husband was giving.

"Mint chocolate? Seriously?"

"Yeah. Problem?"

"Why do you want to eat toothpaste?"

Diamond rolls her eyes. "It doesn't taste like toothpaste."

Liam continues staring at his wife, not convinced.

"It doesn't taste like toothpaste!" She repeats.

"Righhht. Please add two cups of hot chocolate to go." Liam says ignoring his wife's last statement.

"Liam, do you hate mint chocolate?"

"It's toothpaste." He simply responds.

"That will be thirty dollars." The cashier adds in, smiling at the bickering couple.

Liam takes out his card and hands it to the cashier. Quickly typing in the passcode, he returns his card to his wallet.

Diamond lets out a small huff. "Have you ever tried mint chocolate?"

"You're not letting this go aren't you?"

"I need a good reason for your hatred toward the best flavor ever."

"Best flavor ever?" Liam repeats appalled. "Is there something wrong with your taste buds?"

"Now you're just being rude."

"It's a genuine question." Liam enunciates a cheeky smile growing on his lips.

"Since you have not tried it, I will make sure you will have a taste today."

"You can't force me."

Diamond smiles knowingly making Liam scoff.

"Here is your order." The cashier returns with two nicely packed bags.

"We didn't order this." Diamond points out at the freshly baked set of four cupcakes.

"Yeah, she's right." Liam adds on.

"Oh! There is a promotion where each couple that purchases anything from this café gets to leave with a fresh set of cupcakes. It's our way of saying thank you."

"Oh." Diamond responds staring at the surely decorated cupcakes.

"You two are a couple right?" The cashier asks, anxious at whether or not she had misread the situation.

"We are married." Liam responds looking at the sigh of relief the girl let's out after his statement.

"Then it is for you."

"Oh wow, thank you so much!" Diamond beams.

"Enjoy! And we hope to see you again!"

Liam grabs one of the bags and the cups of hot chocolate leaving Diamond to hold the cupcakes. The two enter the car and make their way towards the park.