Chapter 17

"What do you mean it's been cancelled?" Martha says, worry filling her voice.

Liam and Diamond who had just arrived at the kitchen shared a concerned look as they sat down at the dining table.

"You don't understand, I need that apartment. My daughter is landing today and my home is getting renovated. I'd appreciate it if you can find something for me."

"Martha." Diamond calls out making the worried lady look up.

"Please get back to me when something comes up. Thank you."

Placing her phone into her apron's pocket, Martha sends a small smile at the couple before beginning to prepare for breakfast.

After several minutes of silence, Liam speaks up.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, you seem worried about something." Diamond adds on.

Martha shakes her head in dismissal. "It's nothing serious dear, I will figure something out."

"What's going on Martha?" Liam urges, removing his elbows from the table.

"My daughter is landing today. She's a flight attendant and she's coming from a long flight. I had booked an Airbnb for the both of us since my home is getting renovated but turns out the company had mistakenly double booked. The other person arrived two days ago and can only leave by next week."

"So your daughter has no place to go?"

"What about a hotel?" Liam quips.

"She's on vacation. I don't think staying at a hotel for three weeks is sufficient."

"Not to mention expensive." Diamond mumbles.

Martha grabs two clean glasses from the drying rack before pouring some fresh orange juice.

"I will try calling around more places to see if I cam find something. I doubt I can find something worthy in such a short period of time."

"Maybe she can stay with us." Diamond suggests. "We've got plenty of room."

Liam nods his head in agreement. "It will be until you find a nice place."

"Oh no!" Martha denies waving her hands. "I do not want to inconvenience you. You are newlyweds after all."

"This house is huge Martha. You won't get in the way."

"You're practically family too. I am certain your daughter will fit right in." Liam adds on.

Martha still looks uncertain but seems to be considering it. It would only be for a few days. In a few days and they will be both out of the couple's hair.

"Okay." She nods, agreeing. "But only for a few days."

"Wonderful!" Diamond beams. "Your daughter can take any room she wants."

"Thank you so much." Martha says with a warm tone. "I will forever be grateful."

Liam chuckles, "Don't mention it."

"Now enjoy your breakfast whilst I go clear a room."

"You do that Martha. And thank you." Diamond responds.

Martha exits the kitchen, leaving the couple to eat their breakfast in peace.

"Oh my beautiful daughter!" Martha exclaims happily, embracing her daughter. "I missed you terribly."

"Hello mother." The girl greets returning the hug. "I missed you so much."