Chapter 37

As it turns out, Diamond and Liam's happy life had gone on for too long. Just three days ago, Lionel had surprised Diamond once again with an unwanted visit to her office. Obviously, Diamond didn't tolerate whatever it was he wanted to say and instead shoved him out of her office.

The couple had gone out for dinner and had just arrived back home, excited to change into their pajamas and watch a movie.

Reaching the door, the two find a box on their porch, with a delivery stamp on top. Picking it up, Liam opens the door, allowing his wife to enter first.

"It has no sender." Liam mutters examining the box.

"Why don't you open it first. I need to rush to the bathroom."

Liam nods and watches his wife run to the nearest bathroom. Finding a small knife, he rips the top open and pulls out the contents.

Pictures.

A lot of pictures.

Pictures of Diamond and Lionel looking extremely cozy with each other.

Liam's gaze stops at one, which was of them kissing. Diamond was wearing a bright yellow dress looking extremely happy.

"So what's in the box?" Diamond asks, bow barefoot after removing her heels.

Liam hands over the photos, not saying a word. Diamond takes a quick look at them, and her faces scrunched into confusion. The more pictures she passed.

Looking back up at her husband, she notices an unreadable expression on his face.

"These are photos of when we were still together." She explains quickly. "This was years ago. Before we even met."

"I know." Liam responds, a small smile on his face. "You had blonde braids in the photos. You haven't gotten that color ever since we got together."

Diamond puts down the photos and immediately goes to hug her husband, who happily returns it.

"Why do you think he sent this?" She mumbles.

"I don't know."

Diamond removes herself from Liam and reaches out to the box. Her hands dig for several seconds till she pulls out a note.

Let's meet. I'll come to you.

Here's my number.

Lionel.

Diamond scoffs. "As if I'll meet him."

Picking up the stack of photos, Diamond walks into the kitchen and opens the bin, and dumps them. Not looking back, she returns to her husband and grabs his arm.

"Forget about this. Let's go change and watch that movie."

Liam looks at his wife who held a reassuring gaze in her eyes. Smiling widely Liam picks up his wife and Diamond lets out a small sound of surprise.

"Forget the movie, I have much better plans." He says a wicked smile on his face.

Giggling, Diamond locks her arms around her husband's neck and places a kiss on his lips.

"I can't wait to see those plans."

~~~

The next morning, the couple busied themselves getting ready for their day. Diamond reaches out to the necklace Liam had gifted her when they went to the haunted house and secures it around her neck.

Perfect.

Smiling to herself in the mirror she feels Liam's hands embrace her from behind.

"You know I thought about." Diamond begins, swaying back and forth. "I think I should meet Lionel."

Diamond looks up to her husband waiting to her his thoughts.

"If that's what you want then go for it."

"I won't do it if you're uncomfortable. Like I said, I could care less about him. You're my focus now."

Liam smiles and turns his wife around.

"I don't think he's gonna leave us alone unless you respond to him. Meet him and end it once and for all."

"Okay. But you're going to have to come with me."

"Of course I'll come."

Diamond smiles gratefully and hugs her husband.

"I think it's best if you call him now." Liam suggests his right hand lovingly caressing his wife's back.

Diamond nods and the two separate. Taking her phone, Liam hands her the note and Diamond quickly types in the number.

"Hello?" The voice responds after the second ring.

"Lionel." Is all Diamond says and the other side goes completely silent.

"Diamond." He breaths out. "You called."

"I did." She responds and places the call on loud speaker for her husband to hear.

"I saw your package. I think it's a good idea for us to meet."

"I agree." Lionel responds quickly. "When do you want to meet? I'll come to you."

"When are you free?"

"Anytime after work."

"Find a place and I'll go there." Diamond suggests, rubbing her temples.

"Okay." He breaths, sounding happy. "I'll text you the place."

"Okay."

"See you then." He says and the call disconnects.

"He sounds happy." Liam mutters looking at his wife.

Diamond lets out an exhausted sigh, not excited to see him after all that had happened between them.

Maybe this is good for her. After all, she had been wanting closure for years.

That's the thing.

Had.

Diamond always thought that she had to meet Lionel to properly get over him. Now she didn't think so.

She'd care less about closure.

Liam was there.

Why would she care about receiving closure from another man?

Liam is her closure.

~~~

Social links in my bio

Three chapter to go.