Chapter 26

"I met Lionel back when I had just graduated from High School. It felt like a romance straight out of a novel. I had fallen deeply for him and I believed he had too."

Diamond takes in a breath before continuing. "Everything was going great and we had decided to celebrate our second anniversary. We went out on a trip and had a great time. I should have noticed that he was planning something since I had been his girlfriend of two years, but I didn't."

Liam notices how Diamond was struggling to stop her tears from falling as she explained. Opting for a comforting hand, he reaches out for Diamond's and softly places his on top.

"When we returned we said our goodbyes as we normally do but I didn't know that was the last time I would see him. I remember panicking and wondering where he was for days. That is until I found the letter he had left for me."

A humorless chuckle escapes Diamond's lips as she grows more distant.

"Can you believe it, Liam? A letter inside my favorite book. That's where he decided to hide it. It is because he knew I would find it. Instead of telling me he was leaving, he opted to leave a damn letter! A letter I'm stupidly still holding on to."

Turning her head to face Liam, Diamond lets out yet another humorless laugh.

"Three years later and here I am."

Liam remains silent for a few seconds as he Diamond continue staring at each other. With one movement, Liam extends his arms and hugs his wife, who quickly accepts it. The tears that had been stinging Diamond's eyes finally escape as she cries her soul out on Liam's shoulder.

"I'm so stupid." She chokes in between cries. "I can't believe three years have passed and I have been sitting in Limbo waiting for him to return when he clearly isn't."

Liam doesn't say anything as he focuses on comforting his wife. He continues hugging her as her cries grow louder. Diamond continues crying as she feels Liam's hand caressing her back comfortingly. Liam's never changing kindness makes her want to cry even more. Here he was being supportive when she had spilled her emotions for another man. How much of a good person was he?

It's the bare minimum. Diamond knows this. She knows that very well. Yet not everyone would do this. Especially when you're supposedly married. Yet here she was, ugly crying her emotions out with her new support system being the best supportive husband ever.

Feeling her emotions becoming more overwhelmed, Diamond hugs Liam tighter, practically on his chest. Liam continues to caress her back and feels Diamond's breaths grow lighter.

After what seemed like hours, Diamond comes out of the hug eyes swollen from crying so much. She must have been looking horrible but Liam didn't see it that way. No matter how awful Diamond thinks she looks, Liam will always find her beautiful.

And someday, he will make sure she knows that.

"You know Liam," she croaks out, voice dry. "My mind and heart are conflicting with each other."

Diamond sits up and rubs her face. "My mind is telling me to wait for Lionel. It's telling me that he will eventually come back."

Liam scoots closer to Diamond. "And your heart?"

"It's telling me to move on."

Liam and Diamond stare at each other tension surrounding the open area.

"It's telling me to move on with you."

~~~

Double update!

Ya know, I could have put 25 &26 together, but I like it this way.

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

Social links in bio!

❤️