Chapter 28

"How lovely it is to see you, Liam." Mrs. Miller greets, giving a warm hug to him.

"It's great to see you too Mrs. Miller, how have you been?"

"Enough with the Mrs. Miller dear, I'm your mother-in-law now. You can call me mom."

Liam glances at his wife who just smiles in response. "Come on, let's go inside now."

The weekend had arrived and as promised, Liam and Diamond went to visit the Millers. Holding a fruit basket and bottle of wine, Liam makes his way to the kitchen to drop off the goods.

"Dad!" Diamond yells rushing over to give him a big hug.

Mr. Miller chuckles softly as he sweetly returns the tight hug his daughter was giving him.

"I missed you both so much." Diamond mumbles.

"Now that she has seen you again I think it has sunk in on how different it is to live alone without your parents," Liam adds after shaking Mr. Miller's hand.

"Well she's not alone is she, you're with her aren't you?"

Liam puts on a reassuring smile. "Of course."

"Excellent. Now let's all head to the dining room for food."

"You are going to love mom's cooking." Diamond whispers, locking her arm around her husband's. "She's the best cook ever."

"Can't wait to try it."

After having a delicious meal of pap with beef stew and vegetables, The Miller's represented a beautiful chocolate cake with the option to have it with either vanilla custard or ice cream.

It's safe to say Liam was stuffed.

Currently, the family was seated in the living room, a movie softly playing in the background whilst Diamond caught up with her family. Liam couldn't even complain about being bored. He wasn't. In fact, he was more than overjoyed to see his wife look so relaxed. Diamond felt at home and Liam loved seeing how happy she looked.

Diamond lets out a loud laugh, making Liam's smile grow. He was so pleased to see her this happy. Happy Diamond was the best Diamond out there. And he hopes he will be able to make her as happy as her family does.

"Oh my, what is the time?" Mrs. Miller asks, making Liam look down at this watch.

"10:45."

"I didn't realize how late it had gotten." Mrs. Miller chuckles as Diamond slowly cuddled onto her mother. "Liam you must have been bored."

Liam shakes his head. "No I wasn't. I'm glad to see everyone enjoying themselves. Diamond seems so at ease as well."

"The power of having your mother next to you." Diamond chimes in, smiling.

"It's so late, will you be able to drive home?" Mr. Miller asks, looking at Liam.

"What do you mean to drive home dear? Liam and Diamond can just sleep here. We have plenty of room."

"Oh no mom." Diamond rejects, straightening herself.

"We don't want to intrude, you've done more than enough for us already." Liam adds on.

"Nonsense! Diamond grew up here and Liam is my son. How are you two intruding? You're family."

"But Mom." Diamond mumbles, a small pout forming on her lips.

"I will be very pleased if you two were to spend the night."

Liam doesn't respond but instead looks at his wife waiting for her answer. He couldn't decide what to do as it was all up to what Diamond wanted to do. After all, this is her house.