Chapter 24

Diamond has spent the last hour in the kitchen preparing dinner. Upon requesting for Martha not to cook, Diamond was busy making food that would go to her husband. She figured since he was working late, why not make something for him?

Settling on some nicely roasted pork chops and rice, Diamond carefully decorates the lunchboxes going to Liam. Closing up the dish, she opens another lunch box where she adds a nice salad with the dressing in a smaller tin. Adding a few brownies for some sweetness, Diamond packs everything up and heads to her car.

Twenty-five minutes later and she arrived at Liam's office. Cleared past security, she takes the elevator up to Liam's office. Walking past several empty cubicles, Diamond reaches Liam's office and knocks on his door.

"Come in!"

Diamond enters the large office to be met with a busy Liam who seemed to have removes his tie and blazer with the first two buttons of his shirt undone

How does this man rock every look?

"Are you busy?" She whispers nearing her husband.

Liam's head instantly looks up upon recognizing the voice.

"What are you doing here?" Liam asks, standing up from his chair to go greet his wife.

"I hope I'm not disturbing,"

"No, you're not. It's great to see you actually."

Diamond smiles brightly. "I'm glad. And I bought food."

"How did you know I was starving?"

"Call it wife intuition I guess."

Liam takes this opportunity to look at his wife. Diamond wasn't dressed in anything fancy. Just a smile light pink tracksuit with white sneakers, yet Liam found his wife as beautiful as ever. Her braids which were in the form of a bob grazed her shoulder as she continued talking. The lunch bag was secured safely on her shoulder.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Diamond asks suddenly feeling flustered.

"You're so perfect you know that?"

Diamond lets out a small laugh not really knowing how to respond.

Liam closes the distance between himself and his wife before placing a sweet kiss on her lips. Diamond smiles at the sweet gesture before leading her husband to seat down.

"The food will get cold. Eat."

Unpacking all the dishes, Liam watches in awe at how appetizing the food looked. Taking a bite, Liam sends a thumbs up to his wife who smiles fondly as she watches her husband destroy the meal.

"I really needed that." Liam mumbles drinking water.

"Next time don't starve yourself. If you don't want to order anything just call me and i'll whip up something for you."

"You would also be tired from work though."

"I might be tired but that doesn't mean I won't cook for you. I want to cook for you."

Liam doesn't respond but instead kisses his wife who happily returns the affection. The room begins to grow heavier at every passing second but it was Diamond's phone that ruined the moment.

"I um- I'll go now. I'll see you at home okay?"

"Thanks for dinner again." Liam says standing up.

"Don't mention it."

With one final smile, Diamond exits the office, Leaving Liam to his work.

Diamond enters her home still feeling giddy from the kiss.

Next time we are putting you on silent.

Glaring at her phone, Diamond realizes she can't check her messages ever since lunch. Unlocking her phone, she browses the several messages on her phone. She stays on her phone until she reached a certain notification.

Calender

My fifth anniversary with Lionel.

"Oh..." Diamond mumbles to herself.

Diamond had forgotten about that. Which was strange as she had never forgotten their anniversary date.

Lionel.

She hadn't thought of Lionel in a long time. All thanks to Liam. Since their relationship had evolved, Diamond could admit that she had almost forgotten about him. But seeing this notification ignited feelings she had forgotten.

Feelings for Lionel.

A sense of conflict fills her mind as she paces around her room. Memories of her past with Lionel filled her brain, making the guilt spread inside her even more.

All this time, was I leading on Liam? What is it that I've been actually doing?

How could I forget about Lionel?

My first love...

~~~

Imma need Diamond to stand up and forget Lionel ASAP.

Damn I hate ex-boyfriends.

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

Socials in my bio❤️