Emily Potter- Book 4 - Goblet Of Fire

A pair of emerald green eyes flashed, zooming past the crowds, adrenaline high on levels; her ears immune to the noise, her legs running for her life as she searched for her family. 

A grin passed her face, family. The word was unfamiliar for her to think about, let alone say, but it felt nice being in being said a family. Not a proper one but it felt to her as it was, she finally spotted a head of the familiar jet-black hair, sticking up in places,

"HARRY!"

Before she could even reach his shoulder, the crowd moved like the sea; a riptide pulling her away from land, and Harry was that land. She climbed up a pole and began her search for him but no luck, as she began to climb down; someone had struck a curse on the pole, cutting it clean into a half sending her to crash head first on the hard dirt floor. 

Her scream joining in with the other mix of noise going about in the air, just then, Harry turned around and screamed, 

"EMILY!"

~

I woke up to the familiar scent of eggs and bacon, my vision was obscure (even with my glasses on), I managed to put on my shoes and walk down the stairs; trying hard not to fall on my ass, I gripped hard on the wooden banister to steady my posture but as usual no luck.

For Merlin's sake, I look and feel like a drunk, my neck was wrapped up in bandages feeling like hell stomped on them. Once I walked in the kitchen, there were no traces of any life form there. Just a plate of breakfast foods sitting on the counter top, nothing else, I went outside the garden and front yard as well and yet no people. I went back upstairs and looked through Ron's room, nothing.

I've been to Ginny's room, still no people.

Percy's was empty aside from a mountain of papers on his desk.

Bill and Charlie's rooms were also empty, I went in Fred and George's room and it was empty as well. I turned around and bumped into a wall, it felt moist and warm, which struck me curious what the hell it was.

 I felt a hand pull me up by my arm and re-attached my glasses for me, "You had a nasty fall there, Em, I swear you get clumsier every year." A voice said mockingly.

I know that voice... I wiped the vapour off my glasses and saw Fred, in nothing but a towel. His red hair was damp and sticking up at some points, he smelled of still smelled of soap and that Muggle stuff called "Old Spice" I think,

"Where is everyone?"

"Diagon Alley, mum and Ginny went to fit Hermione for your robes since you two are the same size, Harry went to Gringotts to open your vault, Ron, Dad, and George is picking up everyone's books and stuff."

"And why is it you got left behind?"

Fred leaned in closer to me and whispered, "Then who'll take care of you?" He said, staring into my eyes for a good 2 minutes. "Very funny, Freddie, that's a real charmer. If you'll excuse me, I'll be in Ginny's room." I said. Then he laughed, "Suit yourself, you just gave up to see the greatest show in the universe." He said, indicating his towel which was wrapped around his waist.

This time, I couldn't help but laugh along, "I'll see you later, Fred, fully clothed, at that." I said, closing the door behind me. Well, that was weird. I walked back to Ginny's room, closing the door behind. I looked at my ring which was shining violently; I pushed down the stone and received the call,

Me: Hello?

Draco: Where in Merlin's name have you been? I've been worried sick!

Me: Sometimes I think I'm the man in this relationship.