The Unexpected

Bill and Charlie Weasley had accompanied everyone to King’s Cross to see everyone off, well, except Percy. He had left the night before and went home 5 hours later to be only called back to the office when they had to leave for Hogwarts,

“I’m terribly sorry, you lot. I just can’t justify taking more time off work, Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me.” Said Percy,

“You know, Percy,” George said quiet seriously, “I reckon he’ll know your name soon.”

Percy looked at him, annoyed, and then looked at Emily, “You understand, don’t you?”

Emily shrugged under the glares of the twins, but managed to grin at Percy, “Course I do. You-You go to work.” She said, giving him a hug before he left. Percy smiled confidently and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, “Thank you.”

Percy then apparated to work.

 Bill and Charlie looked at Emily in curiosity and amusement, “I’m sorry but, what was that?”

“What was what?”

Harry poked in to the conversation, “Emily and Percy used to date.” Emily punched his shoulder, “HARRY!”

Bill: What?

Charlie: What?!

Harry: What?

Emily shook her head, “We didn’t date! We just went to the Halloween Ball together.” She said defensively. Bill laughed, “I’m really sorry but Percy? I can understand if it’s Fred or George, even Ron but-“He stopped, clutching his sides from laughter, “Percy?”

Charlie wrapped his arm around Emily, “I’m sorry about Bill. He doesn’t know what it feels like to have a girlfriend, and sadly, he never will.” He said teasingly.

Bill stopped laughing and snorted at Charlie’s input, “Says the man who’s married to Dragons!”

Emily picked up her trunk and looked back at the Weasley brothers, “Well, as much as I want to watch how this conversation is going to end, and I predict it’ll end badly, the taxis are here and your mother, Ginny, and Hermione are calling for the men of this family to help with the luggage. Of course, if there are any men as this household of course.” She said.

~

“They don’t seem to happy, do they?” Ginny whispered to Emily, as he caught a glimpse of the Cabbie driver. “I don’t blame them. They aren’t accustomed to dragging trunks, caged Owls, and Fred and George’s water start Fireworks.” She replied. Ginny chucked.

Indeed they weren’t so amused. 

Apparently, Harry, Emily, and Hermione forgot to tell Mrs. Weasley that Muggle Cabbie drivers aren’t used to transport overexcited owls; Hayley and Pigwidgeon were making an earsplitting racket. Nor did it make it better because of the numerous quantity of Filibuster’s Fabulous No-Heat, Wet-Start Fireworks went off while they were putting it in the back of the taxis causing Crookshanks to claw the driver’s legs.

 Nevertheless, the journey was uncomfortable. It had started to rain. Crookshanks still hasn’t recovered from the fireworks and scratched Hermione, Ginny, and Ron who sat next to her.

They finally arrived at King’s Cross, with angry claw marks from Crookshanks. They sorted themselves into groups to avoid looking conspicuous even with the owls and a larger than usual ginger cat. Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Emily went first to the platform; casually leaning against it, sinking through the bricks and as they did, Platform 9 ¾ appeared faster than light.