Night in The Burrow

Meanwhile… In The Borrow,

Emily and Harry were in the living room with the twins, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione.

Emily was helping Fred & George with their latest concoctions for they were planning on making on their own for a Joke shop.

Harry and Ron were playing Wizard’s chess, and as always, Ron was heading for sweet victory.

Whereas Ginny and Hermione were just boring holes at everyone as they watched in boredom, “Is it time to go to King’s cross yet?” Ginny asked, sinking in her chair. Emily looked up from the piles of cauldrons and mountains of parchment, “Depends, is the sun up?”

“No,”

“Then wait for another 12 hours.” Said Emily, chuckling as she folded the parchment which she spent hours writing on perfecting the love potion, “There, that’s it; how many did we finished today, Fred?”

Fred compiled the parchments and looked at George and Emily in amazement, “17.”

The three stood up and gave each other a high five, letting out screams of productivity and happiness, “Seventeen down, 10 to go.” Hermione said, dragging herself up stairs to Ginny’s room.

“Oh, don’t be such a pain, Hermione!” Emily shouted with glee as she walked upstairs, “At least we’ve finished some.” She said hugging Fred and George. Mrs Weasley showed up in the living room and called the twins to set the table for dinner, “Oh, and Emily, will you be a dear and call Percy? He’s been cooped up in his room for hours.”

“Of course, Mrs Weasley,”

Emily walked up the stairs, the floor boards creaking at her every step. She knocked on the door gingerly,

“Come in,”

So she did.

Emily opened the door and saw Percy in his suit, preparing to go to work probably, “Don’t tell me, your boss needs you?” She asked questioningly. Percy looked at her with an unbiased expression on his face, “Yes, he does. Tell the others I won’t be able to make it for dinner, I’m really sorry-“

“Don’t tell me that, Percy,” Emily said, “Tell it to them. We haven’t seen a glimpse of you all summer and when we do, it’s always by the side of the Minister.” She said.

Percy began to re-do his tie, a bit frustrated, “It’s my job, Emily. You know how much I always wanted to work, I thought you’d understand.”

“Your job isn’t an excuse from spending time away from your family, Percy. I do understand but you want too much, you’re biting more than you can chew right now.” Emily said, slapping his hands away from his tie, and then fixing the tie herself,

“You’re doing it all wrong, you know? Merlin, Percy, have you ever even tied a tie on your own?” She said, finishing the final knot.

Percy looked at her oddly, “I don’t even want to know how to learn to how to tie a tie.”

“You’ll be surprised,” Emily said lightly, “I’ve strangled a lot of men using ties.” She said.

Percy laughed nervously, slowly removing Emily’s hands from his tie. She rolled her eyes and handed him his briefcase, “I was only joking, Perce. Besides, you know what my choice of weapon is.” She said with a wink.

Emily was about to leave the room but then she spotted a framed photo of a girl, maybe two or three years older than she. She was beautiful, beautiful in a simple way. She had more of Greek features than English ones.

“She’s pretty,” Emily commented, grinning at Percy, “What’s her name?” 

Percy awkwardly shifted on his feet, “Audrey, we meet at a friend’s engagement party in Dublin.” He said. Emily laughed, “It’s all fine, Percy. This doesn’t have to be weird; I actually want to meet her. She seems nice.”

“That’s the problem,” Percy said, “She’s a Muggle.”

“So?” Emily said, crossing her arms, “What’s your point?”

Percy breathed heavily, “She doesn’t exactly know about the Wizarding World,” He said.

“How long have you two been dating?”

Percy thought for a moment, “4 months, maybe 5.”

Emily laughed tiringly, “Look, I’m not the one to meddle but… You should tell her. No. Wait. Don’t listen to me! Erm… Unless you think this relationship is going somewhere, then tell her. Use your instincts.”

She pecked him on the cheek and walked to the door, “Good luck out there, Perce.” Emily closed the door behind her and joined the others for Dinner.