The Triwizard Tournament

"What do you mean by Eleanor's here?" Emily asked

Someone then sat between Emily and Draco, a girl wearing a powder blue uniform, her soft blonde hair in a bun under her blue cap. The girl looked at both of them; her electric blue eyes shone brightly, "Bonjour, Emilie, and Draco!" She said in a heavy French accent.

"Eleanor," Emily said, forcing a smile, "What in Merlin's name are you doing here?"

Dumbledore was now shaking hands with a woman who was twice Hagrid's size; she was wearing a long red dress with an odd feathered collar. Her hair was drawn back into a black, silky bob; her eyes were black, almost liquid looking, "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime!"

Emily had looked back at Eleanor but she had already left to Blaise's side, chatting away in her rapid French accented voice. She turned to Draco, who was looking at the Beauxbatons infested Ravenclaw table, "Draco,"

"Yeah?"

 Emily had this urge to slap the back of his head but resisted, "Nothing." She then turned her attention to what Dumbledore was saying

A roar of applause came out from the students (and so from the boys), it seemed everyone was impressed by their grand entrance, "Now, let us welcome our brothers from the north, the proud sons of Durmstrang, and their High master, Igor Karkaroff!"

And this time, it was the girl's turn to look. The boys of Durmstrang were donning a uniform of brown and cloaks of fur, their hair were styled in a Buzz cut, and they seemed to wear a scowl no matter what emotion they had.

"Emily," Eleanor said, taking a hold of her arm, "You don't happen to know him, do you?" Eleanor had pointed out a boy from Durmstrang, who was eagerly looking at Emily.

"No," She said, shaking off the creepy feeling she got, "I have never seen him before."

"He's cute." Eleanor said with a giggle. Draco had slipped his arm around Emily, pulling her close to him, but she pushed him away, "I'm sorry, what are you doing?"

He went mute.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Emily said moving next to Blaise. Blaise muffled his laughter and shook his head ruefully.

"Oh, Emilie!" Eleanor called, "You remember Annabeth?" She said, facing her friend. Annabeth was a foot shorter than Emily; then again Emily was a tree... She had clear brown eyes, curly red hair that framed her face perfectly along with her bangs.

"Of course," Emily said, recalling their encounter in Diagon Alley, "How do you like Hogwarts so far, Annabeth?" She asked, trying very so to please. Annabeth grinned from ear to ear, "It's alright."

"It's alright?" Emily repeated, "What do you mean by that?" She asked a bit hostile. Blaise pulled her back and whispered, "Be nice."

Annabeth smiled weakly, "I'm sorry if I seem uninterested by your school-"

"This is not my school, dear Annabeth," Emily stared, "This is our home. And I don't expect you to love it because clearly it's different from what you're accustomed to like your charming little castle in France-"

"Emily!"

She turned to Eleanor and Blaise who looked confused, Emily turned to Annabeth who looked quite upset, "I'm sorry if- If I had insulted you in anyway-"

"You know what, it's all fine," Annabeth said, her grinning going back up, "Pardon me, I have to guide a few of my classmates. Let's catch up later, yeah?"

"Of course," Emily said, shaking her hand. Annabeth shook it, gripping it rather tightly, "I'm sure we're going to be great friends." She said, walking to the Ravenclaw table. Emily turned to Eleanor, "Did you see what she just did?"

"She threatened you with friendship?" Blaise said, jokingly. 

"Your little friend was being sarcastic with me." Emily hissed at Eleanor. "That's how she talks." She said with a shrug. "She talks with the undying tone of sarcasm?"

"Well, yeah,"

Emily decided to put a pin on it and deal with it later, Blaise leaned in towards her and whispered, "Let it go, love. Maybe it's nothing."

"Maybe," Emily muttered. She kept to herself like her old 9 year old self usually did when she was at orphanage on Adoption days. When couples went in her room and saw her, they taught she was a doll but in truth, she was a puppet. Dressed up in lacy dresses, the Care taker spending hours on her to perfect her attitude but of course that didn't work.

The couples who had taken a look at Emily thought she was mute. She didn't like to speak, to humans at least. Just sitting in a corner, training a snake to dance, to torture; after that, she was avoided by many, she was moved into the room at the end of the hall so people don't have to pass by her.

"Hey," Blaise snapped his fingers, "Emily!"

She looked at him, as if she had woken up from a trance, "Sorry, did I miss anything?"

Blaise nodded and mouthed, Dumbledore.

"We are to have the honor to host a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my great pleasure to inform you all that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year," Dumbledore said, his twinkling blue eyes roaming the Great Hall,

Tension had grown all over the place, stimulating everyone's attention.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, "The Triwizard Tournament was first established about seven hundred years ago as a friendly competition between 3 largest European schools of Wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. A champion is to selected to represent each school, and those champions will compete in 3 very dangerous magical tasks. This Tournament was meant to be celebrated every 5 years until, that it, the death toll mounted so high that it was discontinued."

"Death toll?" Eleanor said her voice high in alarm.

"Don't be such a priss, Eleanor." Emily said, shushing her. 

Dumbledore continued his speech, "However, the Department of International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports have decided that the time is ripe for another attempt; we have worked hard over the summer to ensure that this time no champion will find him or herself in any mortal danger... That is why we have decided that each school, only the students who are of age, seventeen years or older, are allowed to put forth their names into the Goblet of Fire,"

Dumbledore turned to his left, and with a tap of his wand the iron looking protective shell disintegrated and unveiled a goblet made out of stone with blue flames flickering proudly. The students were angry of course that they weren't eligible for the tournament, to have a chance to win eternal glory and Thousand Galleons prize money.

"I will see to it personally that no one under age waste their time submitting themselves." He said, winking at Fred and George's mischievous airs.

After that, they were sent to their towers to sleep.