The method of Extracting Bubotuber pus

“Excuse me,”

Emily looked up from her Bubotubers, setting aside her dragon-hide gloves, “Yes?” She said. She quickly realized it was the Durmstrang boy from last night, the one of whom she showed the dormitories.

The boy grinned pointing out to the unoccupied seat next to her, “May I?”

“Of course,” Emily said, “Aren’t you supposed to be with your Headmaster?” She asked in a low voice so he could only hear. He lowered his head to be in level with her, “Oh we already had the orientation, and Igor says we should familiarize ourselves to such subjects taught here.”

Emily nodded, putting on her gloves and proceeded to squeeze the pus out of the Bubotubers, “Alright then, I’m sorry but I seemed to have…”

“I’m Nicholas Wood, and you’re Emily Potter.” Nicholas said with a hint of his boyish charm. Emily noted this and looked at him apologetically, “You have to pardon me I can’t seem to get things straightened out. My schedule is wild, and my classes, my patrolling… It’s maddening.”

Nicholas grabbed a pair of gloves and took a hold of the Bubotubers, “You don’t have to explain yourself to me, Emily.” He said, squeezing a hell lot of the pus out of the shiny swelling slug.

Emily then returned to squeezing out the pus but Nicholas unexpectedly held both her hands, “You’re going to get your hands cramped if you keep doing it like that,” He said, showing her the correct method how to take out the pus.

Nicholas took a firm hold of Emily’s hands, helping her squeeze the pus out of the Bubotubers. Emily in return smiled at him appreciatively and carried on with the lesson.

“The pus is an excellent remedy for more stubborn forms of acne. Should stop students from resorting to desperate measures to rid themselves of pimples, this’ll keep Madam Pomfrey happy,” Professor Sprout concluded, put a cork on the last bottle of Bubotubers pus.

After a few minutes the bell rang and they headed for the North tower of Hogwarts for Divination. Emily nudged Harry as they walked, a bead of sweat running down her forehead, “What do you reckon Trelawney has prepared for us?”

Harry snorted, “I reckon she already prepared a list of many ways for us to die,” He said his voice laced with amusement. Emily nodded, “My inner eye sees your future! Oh dear, you have… the grim! Dear me, the fates aren’t going to be kind for you.” She said, imitating Professor Trelawney’s airy expression.

Nicholas let out a small laugh, “Who is this Trelawney person?” He asked, looking at both Emily and Harry.

“Oh, our Divination professor,” Emily said, climbing the step ladder to the circular room. The sweet scent enticing them, Nicholas gave a quick glance around the room; taking note of the dim maroon lights, draping of scarves and shawls in random places, and rows of crystals surrounding the many windows of the room.

Before Harry could ask who the anonymous Durmstrang boy was, a tall figure waltzed into the room. It was Professor Trelawney, wearing her signature bug eyed glasses with the very thick lenses, her many bracelets, chains, and beads upon her person, “You two seem preoccupied my dears,” She said in her mournful voice as she looked upon the Potter twins,

“My inner eye sees the past your brave faces to the troubled souls within. And I regret to say that all of your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for both of you, yes, I fear the dread will indeed come to pass… and perhaps sooner than you think.” Professor Trelawney said, petting the dark haired heads of Emily and Harry as if they were her favorite niece/nephew.

Trelawney glided across the room, crouched down to be in eye level with Lavender and Parvati, the only two students who had admired her. Emily leaned in to Nicholas, “See what I mean? It’s like she wants us to die.” She said.