The One Visitor

“Emily,” A chirpy voice said along with a knock on the door, “You have a visitor, are you decent, dear?” The Healer asked, checking to see if I was awake.

At first, I thought it was Thomas but then I remembered he had switched schedules with another Healer, Madam Beliafleur, a 30’s something French fresh graduate from a Wizarding Medical school in Paris. She was sweet and kind, almost too sweet for my taste but nevertheless Madam Beliafleur was an exceptional Healer.

The news of finally having a visitor after a week or so of my stay here (I’ve lost count of the days that passed, I only relied on my window to determine if it was night or day) made me unequivocally happy to the extent I felt like I slept with a hanger in my mouth. I smoothed down my hair, sitting up straight on my bed and not bothering to tidy up the cresses on my dressing gown, “I’m decent, Madam.” I said, excited for a visitor, motioning for her to open the door thoroughly.

And in stepped in a man handsomely dressed in a simple dark suit, a pair of horn rimmed glasses nestled in his pocket, and a dragon skin briefcase in his hand; Madam Beliafleur grinned, clearly thinking the man was attractive, “Mister Weasley is here on behalf of the Minister of Magic, Emily. Now, I’ll leave you two to the matters. Call me if you need anything.” Then she left.

My heart raced almost as wild as a horse’s, “Percy! Oh, I can’t tell you how wonderful it is that you’re here.” I said trying to pry the sheets tangled around my legs, struggling to walk off the bed and hug him. Percy hastened to my side, carefully tucking me back into my bed, “I don’t think that’s the smartest choice, Em.” He said, looking at the tube poking out of my hand that led the blood transfusion carry on.

“What brings you here? What does the minister want to do with me?” I asked feeling a bit of my happiness fade away upon learning that he was here on business instead of checking up on me. Percy looked back to the door, making sure no one was listening into our conversation, “I’m here on personal business, Em. I figured St. Mungo’s would accept visitors if it came from the Minister.”

Well I never would have thought...

I suddenly punched him by the arm, feeling a mix of flattery and astonishment, “I never thought I’d see the day that Percy Weasley would forge a meeting under the name of Minister Fudge,” I said mockingly, “But really, why the sudden visit?”

He shrugged, sitting beside me on my bed, “I suppose I missed you.”

“Well, aren’t you the sweet talker?”

Percy laughed, pinching my nose, “That aside, Ginny, Luna, Harry, and that Slytherin fellow of yours send their regards. They wish you a speedy recovery.” He said, pulling out a mass of letters from his briefcase and a small cardboard box, “I suspected you weren’t getting your letters, you do know that these were just scatted outside on the table, right?”

I took the letter in my hand, recognizing Harry’s penmanship, “I know, I asked them to put my mail there.” I said in a small voice, “Reading what they wrote... It just made me more and more homesick.”

He nodded, his eyebrows furrowed, “There’s another reason why I visit. That Slytherin fellow... Zabini his name I think, erm, we chatted for a bit about you and your ex-boyfriend –“

“Lucian,” I said, dreading the moment, “I almost forgot about that issue, carry on.”

“- Zabini suspects that he’s bad in the sense that he’ll do something to get revenge or something similar to that,” Percy said, awkwardly shifting next to beside me, “Anyways, Blaise approached me and asked if I could pose as your current significant other so that Lucian would back off and –“