Champions

EMILY'S POV:

Blaise, Draco, and I decided to take a walk around the forbidden forest, just for the hell of it. It had been weeks since the break up and now, I feel like we made the right move to do it. Draco had just started courting Annabeth, which does bother me a little but nevertheless, I'm happy for him. It makes me reminiscence of the times Draco would randomly give me little trinkets or that time when he brought me to Malfoy Manor.

Blaise on the other hand was still Blaise. It makes me wonder why he's so private of his life, I respect that of course but I have never seen him with a girl in his arms. I'm starting to think he's Asexual.

And me? Well, I'm trying to enjoy my life. I finally have my thoughts all sorted out like a file cabinet and doing very well in class. I don't mean to brag but I got an O on both my Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, and Dark Arts quiz. For the others, I managed to get an E.

Thankfully, I have Luna by my side that helped me by the subjects; I in return help her with Dark Arts.

"So, how does it feel?" Draco asked, covering his eyes from the sunlight. I couldn't help but laugh at this; he's like a vampire, "How does what feel?"

Blaise chuckled and nudged my elbow, "To be a free man." He joked, "Or woman, if you prefer." Draco shot him a glare then turned to me, "To be on top of the class again, to kick the Granger girl away from your throne."

"And," mischievous looks graced Blaise's face, "To have a string of boys on your tail, following you like they're your shadow." He winked at me and put an arm around me and Draco, "Oh Emily, you little devil you."

I miss seeing Blaise like this, I sometimes question whether he's snockered or naturally has this drunken attitude with him, "First of all, Zabini, they do not follow me around like a shadow. And Second of all, they are not a string; it was just a boy or two."

I turned to Draco, who had been smirking the whole time, "And to answer your question, Mr. Malfoy, I did not kick Granger away from my throne." I paused for a while, "I slowly took my reign back and executed her from the land." Both of them laughed and squished me in the middle, "That's our girl, claiming what's hers and what's rightfully hers since 1980!"

"Seriously though," Draco said, clearing his throat, "Have you, ugh, met anyone new?" I turned to Blaise who kept his eyes focused on the path, avoiding the topic. "No, I haven't."

"It's just all new to me, you know? It's hard communicating with the other sex since I've spent two years with one and whenever I do speak to others, I half expect you to somehow appear out of nowhere and be all possessive."

Draco laughed, "Was I really that bad?"

"Not much, kind of adorable actually," I shrugged, "And to be honest, I think I'll stay like this for a while. I find it refreshing." Blaise chuckled and shook his head, "You make independency sound like a fruity iced drink, Em."

 "I'll make a note out of that later. Independency: It's like a fruity iced drink." I managed to say between laughs. Blaise looked at me and Draco, laughing like complete idiots, he groaned and walked ahead of us, "I swear, someday and trust me that day will come, that I'll knock you both to each other's heads." He said, I think he was joking about that. I think he was.

The laughter soon died out and we were back to normal again. The sun was already sinking down the horizon, making the sky look like a canvas of dusty orange, getting darker and darker above. Draco led us out of the forest, his head hung down, "Come on, we should probably change to our uniforms now." He said in a gruff voice.

"Why?" I asked.

Blaise ruffled my hair, "We have that thing to go to at the Great Hall. The one about the Goblet of Fire," He said knowingly, "Have you forgotten about it?"