Meeting the delightfully chaotic, Rayleigh Phillips

"Excuse me," Emily said, going through the crowd, "Excuse me- Oh Merlin, are you alright?" She asked frantically to a girl who she accidentally pushed down to the ground. The girl was wearing the powder blue uniform of Beauxbatons and a golden pin upon her chest, stating her name RAYLEIGH PHILLIPS , "I-I'm fine," She said with an accent of both English and American. Emily helped her stand up; picking up her books as well,

"Wait, you're the girl I spoke to the other night, yes?"

Rayleigh grinned and nodded excitingly, "YES! I'm Rayleigh, you can call me Ray of course," She said cheerily, "Do you mind if I go to class with you? My other classmates are nowhere to be found." Ray asked. Emily nodded and accompanied her to the Dark Arts classroom, "I don't mind at all."

They quickly arrived at the classroom and decided to kill time seeing that the professor hasn't arrived yet. Ray's a half-blood, Muggle American father and a pure blood mother. She's 16 and currently in her 6th year, and she has a kitten named PJ.

"So, what's your pet's name?" Ray asked, "I think I should be the one asking the questions now, mind you since you asked me ton." She said with a giggle. Emily nodded and laughed herself, "My owl's name is Hayley, like the comet itself."

The girls continued asking each other questions, laughing till their sides ached; ignoring the weird looks the other students casted at them. Then Emily stopped, "I like your braid, did you do it yourself?" She asked taking note of Ray's bloody red braid, some curls escaping the hair tie.

Ray nodded, "Yeah, I did. It's harder to make than it looks, made my arms ache like hell," She said with a charming smile, "Can I do your hair sometime? If you want of course," She asked, "It's just that you hair is so long!" Ray said with an audible laugh.

"Oh, sure, I'd love that." Emily said, "Maybe you'd like to meet some friends of mine? I know Ginny would adore you, same goes to Fred and-"

"Fred and George, I met them already," Ray said passively, "They're really sweet lads." For a moment she kept silent then her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her free hand, "Shit! Wait, are you the Emily? Like, you're one of the chosen ones?" Ray asked in a hushed voice.

Emily nodded rather bashfully, biting her lower lip, "Guilty as charged," She said jokingly, "And what you mean by Chosen ones?" She asked. Ray held her by her wrist, pulling her closer, and said in a low voice, "My mum says that you and your brother can defeat Voldemort." She simply said, "She believes that you two are the only beacon of hope for the Wizarding World."

"Well," Emily said, not knowing where to start, "That's really kind of your mother; tell her I send my appreciation for believing in us."

Ray looked at me in disbelief, "Don't tell me you just knew this now."

"Know what?"

She pulled her in even closer, leaving very little space, "People are disappearing, babe, and people are starting to believe in you two. They think you can stop whatever it is happening to the world, they pray to both of you like gods," Ray said knowingly, "How can you not know it? Have you been living under a rock?"

Emily shrugged, "Well, Hogwarts is made out of stone..."

Ray playfully slapped Emily's arm and laughed, "Fred told me you were funny." She said with a sigh. Emily laughed along with her and glanced at the doorframe across the room, "Speak of the devil." She said heading towards Fred and George with Ray on her tail.

"You know for a moment there, we thought you two ladies were going to kiss." George said cheekily, winking at the girls. Fred nodded, "Then again, it would be a better match than Emily and that prick of a boyfriend of hers." He said.

"Who?" Ray asked, oblivious, "Wait, that Malfoy person?"

"Yes." The twins said in unison.

Ray started to laugh again and went back to her seat; Emily started to yell on top of her lungs and repeatedly told her that it was no laughing matter.