Chaos Rising

The Potter twins settled down on the maroon carpet of the Common room, keeping themselves warm with the roar of the fireplace in front of them. Emily had already began to tell her brother about what had happened, leaving nothing out to hide in the shadows. Harry couldn’t help but feel anger and rage boil inside him upon learning his sister was poison, but what felt even more wrong was it was done by someone inside Slytherin house, her housemates who she considered her own brothers and sisters. But there was still a chance it was someone from either Durmstrang or Beauxbatons.

“Is there anything I can do? Anything at all so we can identify who did this to you, just tell me.” He said, looking at Emily’s arm where the needle marks were still visible from the treatment. She tugged on her sleeve to keep it hidden, smiling sweetly, “There’s nothing to do. Whoever done this to me...There’s almost no chance of finding out their identity, there are hundreds of students living under the roof of Salazar Slytherin, and a few are leaving in a span of months.” Emily said in a tranquil voice, smoothing down the creases from her coat, “I believe there’s a higher power in all of this, whoever did me wrong will get what they deserve in time.”

Chills ran down Harry’s spine, his palms nervously getting cold by his sister’s words. Regardless of what she said all of that karma will get me justice...Harry didn’t believe it one bit, he saw the wrath in her eyes and she kept it so well hidden it almost passed him by. He spent his years with Emily, telling her not to do dangerous and stupid things but for once, Harry let her do this with his consent. No one else was angrier about this than Harry himself, on the top of that list was Emily and there’s no telling what she’ll do in the moment she finds out who poisoned her.

“You said someone poisoned you with this rare thing, do you think it’s possible if that particular poison came from Snape’s storage room?” Harry asked. Emily’s eyes lit up brightly, a smile growing on her lips, “Ingenious, why didn’t I think of that?” She then stood up and walked her way out of the Gryffindor Common room with her brother by her tail.

Students made way as the twins walked through; Emily avoided their eyes and kept her chin high. She vowed herself to keep away from drama caused by boyfriends or fights; so far she’s doing peachy. She turned to look at Harry walking beside her, “I’m surprised that you don’t accuse Snape of this.”

“Well, I know he spent some years bringing you up so I thought it would have been counter-productive if he had tried to kill you.”

“Touché.”

“Emily?”

Emily stopped on her tracks, looking back to the source of the voice who had called her out. It was Lucian...With Pansy Parkinson. She had no idea what do to; here she is in the middle of the hallway with her brother by her side, facing her ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend. So much for avoiding drama, Emily thought to herself.

“I’m glad you’re back and well,” Lucian said with a small smile, “I reckon you’re resuming your studies soon? It would be a shame if you continue to disappear like that.” He said almost flatly and uncaring. Pansy did something Emily would have never expected in a millennia, she bounced from Lucian’s side and hugged her tight, “I missed you so much, I-I regret everything I said, Em. I was such a jerk.” She said in high pitch. Emily hugged her back, uncomfortable in the situation, “It’s all right, you’re forgiven.” She said followed by a nervous laugh, “Well, I’ll see you two around.” Emily then grabbed Harry by the arm and continued to walk as fast as possible to Snape’s office.

“That was – “

“ – The most uncomfortable conversation I have ever been in, I agree.” Emily said with haste, keeping her focus straight ahead.