The day after

EMILY’S POV

I admit I was a bit depressed about what had happened last night, but it was worth it.

 We were obviously not happy with each other and it seemed ridiculous to even try fixing it. The problem is always the same, besides my life is a burden to anyone close to me. I’m a magnet for danger, yep, that’s me and Harry.

Word seemed to spread very quickly of our split, of course it would perk up the ears of various gossip cravers. Especially when it involved me and who wouldn’t be surprised when a two-year couple breaks up? I had no clue who had spread the news, but the rumors obviously began in Slytherin. It wouldn’t be Draco; he’s not that of an idiot.

I told no one yet but I think I don’t need to because I felt the eyes of students boring holes down my back as I stepped out of the port hole.

Try to visualize this. I step out of the port hole, going through the dungeons and then arriving at the corridors near the Great Hall. As usual, the place there is busy and students were everywhere. The moment I began to walk across the crowd, the people made way for me as if I had a contagious disease. They literally moved out before I could brush their shoulder.

What is with people these days?

I didn’t bother to read their minds, what a load of wasted time would that be if I did. All I needed was to look at their faces because to be honest, the people here have no idea how to conceal their emotions. Whatever they felt showed on their faces. Anger, Happiness, Jealously, the whole lot of that; and yet, most of the time, they have such vague expressions, especially during Arithemancy and Ancient Runes.

I ate breakfast alone by the Slytherin table; I sat at the very edge. I didn’t feel like talking much but I had urges to walk over the Gryffindor table and be next to my brother, I had a feeling that comfort me but I made my decision. I took glances over to their table, catching a look from Ron,

Ron: You alright, mate?

Me: I’m fine, don’t worry about it.

Ron: -giving me a look of skepticism-

Me: I’ll join you lot for lunch, later.

Ron: -nods- okay.

He turned back to his plate of toast and started to read his letters, possibly from his mother. I must’ve looked crazy when I was mouthing words to thin air; then again, I’ve done crazier things in my life.