A Good Morning Indeed

“Good morning.” Blaise said, sitting down next to Emily.

The Great Hall was buzzing as always, people getting excited for the upcoming Yule Ball, people getting their latest fill in gossip, it was like a usual morning but there was something that somehow brightened and darkened the day for Emily.

“Morning,” Emily said back to her friend to who she noticed had a smile on his face, “What’s with that face for, Zabini? Keep that on for the whole day and you’ll end up looking like one of those Muggle clown mascots for their fast food chains.”

The smile from his face disintegrated by her words, “I have no idea what you just said.” Blaise started filling his plate with toast, grapes, and breakfast pastries, “But I take it that you’ve had a bad morning, or should I say week?”

“What makes you say that?”

He made a half nod in motion towards the Gryffindor table, “The people over there, and as well as the Gryffindors passing by, seem to give you the cold shoulder.” Blaise said, looking over their table, “Congratulations, you managed to get 2 out of 4 houses to hate you.” He said with false enthusiasm, “What, oh dear Emily, did you do this time?”

“I called Fred Weasley a Blood traitor.”

“I don’t understand, he’s one of your best mates.”

“Not anymore.” Emily said with a chuckle, “He hates me.” She added, shaking her head, “So, naturally, his entire house hates me, even my own brother wouldn’t look at me.”

Blaise nodded, understanding the situation, “Let’s change the topic then, have you figured out what the clue for the Second task is?” He asked, shovelling a spoonful of oatmeal in his mouth, “By this time, you should have gotten it by now.”

“I have nothing.” Emily said warily, “All I have is a Golden Egg from which voices come out like iron nails being dragged on a chalk board while Banshees scream in the background.”

“Well, that can’t be enjoyable.”

She shook her head, “No, it isn’t.” Emily paused for a while, a smile appearing on her face, “But it was so worth it when the heinous noise woke up the Beauxbatons, you should have seen their faces. Not even Da Vinci could paint those faces of pure terror.”

“You are such a delight.” Blaise said with a playful smile, “What did you do when they figured out you were behind the whole thing?”

“Oh, they didn’t,” She said with yet another smile, “I closed the egg before they could even open the lights.”

Just then, Emily’s tawny owl, Hayley, dropped a copy of the Daily Prophet, several letters, and a folded note on Emily’s lap.

“Oh, do you mind?” She asked, looking at Blaise who was now too preoccupied with looking dreamily at Jalia Wedlow at the other end of the Slytherin table, “Oh, not at all. Knock yourself out; read them on the top of your lungs for all I care.”

To: Emily Catherine Potter

From: Lucian Bole

         Dearest Emily,

Asking you out to the Yule Ball this way seems very informal and very stupid, but I’m doing that anyways.

Please go with me.

I know what you’re thinking, why should I go with a guy that I don’t even know and that is being a complete idiot even on paper?

Well, maybe these 3 reasons will change your mind: