Out of her mind

Emily –

I do hope you haven’t injured yourself during the 2nd task, but knowing you for the past years makes me believe that you’ve ended up with a broken leg or a bloody nose. Nevertheless, congratulations on tying for first place with your brother and as well as Diggory; it’s good to know that you’ve kept a positive outlook on this mishap.

In response to your letter, yes, I do agree with you on your theory but there is no guarantee that she is the one who is plotting against you. She is a threat, of course, but is she really? Think about it first, clearly and rationally. Vampires aren’t known to live in Scotland or France, but half-Vampires are. The name you’ve given me in your early letter has matched a certain family with histories of Vampire hunting. This girl is from a family of hunters, the chance of her being a full born Vampire is slim, however, the chance of her having been bitten from a Vampire is very likely.

There are two ways to become a Vampire, it’s either be bitten by one or digest their blood, willingly or forcibly. Whichever the case, she is still a Vampire but not as powerful as a born-Vampire. Statistically speaking, my dear, Half-Blood Vampires are the weakest, they either die from mere exposure or from a mental disability which fits in your case.

You say that you have witnesses claiming that they’ve seen you in a place when really you were really somewhere else? Your theory of believing that the Vampire was using Polyjuice Potion to become you is likely, but why would she do it? Pardon me from saying this, but your life isn’t as glamorous since you’re in a death row with your brother and three other students. What would she do with your life if she had succeeded in taking it from you? Fame? Glory?

Keep a close eye on your suspicions, and keep a closer eye to those who you are friends with. Don’t get carried away with these thoughts, keep your head high and your mind away from the darkness.

-R

My head swirled in his words; I looked around my surroundings and noticed that I was the only one in the Common room. How long have I been sitting here? Have I even eaten breakfast yet? Why is my memory in bits and pieces?

I hastily walked to the fire place and tossed Remus’s letter in the flames, watching the parchment dance in the fire. What does he mean? Keeping myself from the darkness... He sounds like he knows about what happened to me in the first aid tent, about my eyes going red. Red like Voldemort’s eyes, is it possible –

No. Stop, Emily, this is the thing Remus was talking about. Keep away from the damn darkness, keep away.

But my eyes turned red, blood red. When Harry made me look in the mirror, all I saw was myself, green-eyed me; all they saw was red. What’s happening to me? What if Voldemort’s back? What if he’s trying to get to me again?

No, that won’t happen. Not this time at least, I have Harry. He’d protect me, keep me sane. I have my friends; they wouldn’t let me slip away, right? Ginny and Luna won’t leave me, Fred and George, Draco and Blaise, Daphne and Astoria, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Percy, Aunt Minerva, Professor Snape, Dumbledore, Mr and Mrs. Weasley... They would never leave my side, I know they won’t.

Lucian.

I felt my head ache by the mere mention of his name, ever since Blaise confessed to me his thoughts of him it made me doubt about everything he told me. About his life, his family, and all of that; it made me infuriatingly mad whether he is who he says he is or is he another imposter like that Vampire who’s trying to steal my life?

Just when I thought I could have a clean relationship, all of this crap starts to crawl back into my life and ruin everything.

I’ve steered clear of him ever since the end of the 2nd task, it has been three days and it is getting rather... difficult to avoid him since we do live in the same house. On some nights, I stayed in the Room of Requirement because I was too afraid to even close my eyes for 5 minutes in my own bed, because I was sleeping in the same room as her.