The 2nd Task

“Harry...”

“Mmmm,”

“Wake up,”

“I can’t... I have to swim, the mermaids stole my Firebolt.” Harry muttered pulling up his bed sheets to his chin, “Give me back my Firebolt...” He then jolted upwards, his green eyes flashing open when he felt a stinging pain by the side of his face, “Bloody hell!” Harry turned to the source of his ache and saw his sister, Emily, by his bedside, “You’re not even allowed to be in Gryffindor tower, why is it you’re in my dorm?”

Emily scoffed, proceeding to pull her brother out of bed by his ear, “Get up, brother dear, we have a bit of swimming to do.” She said, tossing him his swimming attire, “Go get dressed, the second task is in an hour.” Harry begrudgingly went to the other side of the room, taking off his pyjamas and slipping on the maroon swimming trunks and shirt with H.POTTER, “How come I have to wear this now, why aren’t you wearing one?”

“I am wearing one,” She took off her Hogwarts robe, showing the back of her green swimsuit with E.POTTER on the back, “You didn’t think I’d let you suffer in this kind of humiliation alone, did you?” Emily asked with a smirk as she fastened her robe back on, “I actually asked McGonagall if I could have the same swimwear as you, but different name and colour of course, but she didn’t agree to it. Said that I had to wear an attire that implicates femininity, like Fleur’s. Bollocks.”

He nodded along, ridding his eyes of drowsiness, “Right, of course.”

Emily rolled her eyes, walking over to the foot of the bed where she had dumped her bag, “Well, seeing that I was boring you with my dilemma, let’s go and focus on the tournament,” She then pulled out a mason jar containing a mushy green plant like thing, “Dobby gave me this, he says it can help us with our situation.”

“What is it?” Harry asked as he unscrewed the lid, a putrid odour stinging about his nostrils, “Whatever it is, I don’t think I want to know anymore.” He then closed the lid shut, handing it back to Emily. She grinned in return, looking at the slimy object in the jar, “It’s Gillyweed, and it can help us breathe underwater for at least an hour.”

 He looked sceptically at the jar, watching the slimy weed jiggle by even just the slightest movement, “Have you told Hermione? What does she think about it?” Harry asked. Emily shrugged, sitting across the bed from him, “Hermione’s gone, Harry. And, so is Ron.” She said, “Neville, however, says Gillyweed works miracles underwater. Although, it’s still being tested whether it works more efficiently in salt water or fresh water,”

“Should we be really taking that risk?”

“It’s the only risk we have.”

Harry buried his head into his hands, dreading the task held before him, “Who... Who did they take from you?” He asked, his voice broken.

Emily shook her head ruefully, scooting closer to her brother, “I slept in the Room of Requirement, I didn’t want to know who was taken from me.” She said in a tired voice, “For all I know, knowing who they took underwater, it’ll make me a nervous wreck.”

Her brother grinned, pulling her into a one armed hug, “I don’t get why people see you as the heartless Slytherin. They don’t see who you really are, you love an unbelievable amount of people and that really is a huge step up from the orphaned girl who tortured children with snakes.”

“Shut up,” Emily said with a laugh, hitting Harry with a pillow, “Come on. Let’s go to the Black Lake. Unless you want something to drink, or-“

“No, thanks. I’m fine.”

The twins hurriedly went down the spiralling staircase, seeing the Common room filled with people dressed in gold and maroon. Emily felt compelled to hide her face, not because of her scar which she had attained from the previous task, but because she didn’t belong here. She started to lift her hood up to her head; Harry saw what she was doing it pulled it down, “It’s all right. We’re leaving anyways, you don’t need to hide.”