The cremation ritual preceded by Emily Potter

The Potter Twins: A Journey

By Rita Skeeter

Dynamic duo Emily & Harry Potter are unravelled during an intense interview with one and only, Rita Skeeter.

Skeeter: What made you two decide to enter the Triwizard Tournament?

Potter, H: We...err, didn’t enter.

Potter, E.: Neither of us had any intentions to enter our names. We conclude that someone had bewitched the Goblet of Fire and entered our names.

Skeeter: Hmmm, and why so?

Potter, H.: Well, there are lots of reasons why the one who entered our names would want us to compete in the Tournament.

Potter, E.: of course, a personal vendetta is one of them. She (or he) could be someone who’s still loyal to Voldemort or a Dark, sadistic Warlock who wants to spice up the Tournament, you know? Why not forcibly enter the names of two minors in a game of glory or death?

It has been well observed that Emily Potter is the smart aleck of the duo, the alpha twin. Although, Harry Potter has his field of excellence in Quidditch, his sister (Emily) has a bit more extensive field. Both twins are said to be the future of Quidditch, he being the Seeker and she, a Beater.

However, aside from them being equal in both athleticism and charming physique, not all glitters are gold. Miss Emily Potter is currently in the top rank of her numerous classes, taking Advanced Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and various others; however, the apple doesn’t fall far from the big sister. Mister Harry Potter has been deemed excellent in the Dark Arts and Divination.

Emily Potter has been said, by fellow students of Hogwarts, frightening and power-hungry, perfect for the House of Salazar Slytherin. Harry Potter has been told to be daring and bold, likewise for Godric Gryffindor.

All school lives and characteristics aside, both charmed their way into various hearts of Hogwarts. A friend of the Potter twins, Colin Creevey, says that they lead such dramatic love lives. Miss Emily Potter recently broke off a long-term relationship with Draco Malfoy, a fellow Slytherin and a member of a well-known pureblood society; Mister Harry Potter on the other hand, has been rarely seen without the company of Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty girl and who like Harry & Emily, an outstanding student. Sources say, of course, that Miss Emily Potter has been seen very frequently with a Beauxbatons student.

Did the Potter twins really put their names in the Goblet of Fire?

Could it really be the work of a Dark Wizard? Possibly under the influence of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?

Is it possible that Emily Potter has a secret affair with this mysterious French girl?

Stay tuned.

~Blaise

I have never seen Emily so infuriated in her whole life. Well, with the exception of ramming Astoria Green grass through the wall last year. She lost it. Emily immediately tossed her copy of the Daily Prophet to the fireplace, then summoned all the copies and burned them to ashes.

Secret affair?” Emily said through grit teeth, stabbing the poker through the newspapers in the fire place, “I am fourteen, and she thinks I’m having an affair?” She said with a cold chuckle, grabbing the poker out of the clump of now cremated Daily Prophets, “She makes me sound like some – some 30 year old starlet, going to the cosmetic surgeon every weekend. Like I go house by house in California having affairs,” she said now stabbing the poker through the carpet, “filth.”

I couldn’t agree more. Even if I had no idea what she had just said about some starlet, I agree with her. She was much more than that. I couldn’t bring myself the words to say it to her, but a part of me thinks that she already knew, “So, are you done with the Poker homicide? Because, when our head of house sees that...” I said, eyeing the poker sticking up from the carpet.

Emily surpassed a grin, immediately flipping out her wand to fix the damage she made, “I’m sorry if I’m acting...”

“Crazy?”

“Yeah,” She said with a nod, “I shouldn’t let little rumours infiltrate my mind, with all the things I’ve been through.” Emily says, placing the poker back to the holder. She stumbled back onto the couch, hanging her head back, “Can’t I live a normal life, Blaise? Can’t I be left alone?” Emily asked, heaviness in her voice, “I should’ve died.” She said her eyes blank and glossy.

I couldn’t help her with this situation; sane-Emily wouldn’t want anyone to help her. She was her own hero. Now, I was in the company of insane Emily. She turned her head to me, a sad look on her face, “I know I shouldn’t be saying these things, Blaise. But, sometimes, wouldn’t it be better? Professor McGonagall would have her life easy if I wasn’t living with her, Harry wouldn’t be condescended by people, and everyone else...” She said, her voice low,

“Would have it all easier.” Emily said.

Then, the Port hole came swinging open. Draco arrived. He looked as baffled as we were a few minutes ago, in his hands; he held a copy of the Daily Prophet. I half expected them to come running towards each other, embracing, snogging and all that. But, no, they’ve broken up.

This may sound creepy but, whenever I’m with them and I see them laughing and whatnot, having fun... I visualize their future. I see myself, a best man at their wedding, a god father of their first child (or two)... I had this debate if ever Emily conceived a daughter; would her hair be like her grandmother’s or mother’s? I figured Emily knew this because she frequently looks at me and just laugh, sneaky little minx. She told me she’d never read my mind.

I figured, in Draco’s eyes, the Common room looked like hell. The fireplace covered in mountains of cremated ash from the Daily Prophets, the couches were askew, and there was Emily, who looked down right depressed as if a dementor had kissed her. I stood up and pardoned myself from the common room, going upstairs to my dorm to give them privacy.

~Emily

“I-I’ll be going then.” Blaise said as he stood up from couch, he then went to his dorm. Blaise is such a good friend, I don’t know who’ll I’d be talking to if I never met him, or if I had stayed in Gryffindor. I reluctantly looked up at Draco, who still stood by the columns, a couple of copies of the Daily Prophet in his hands. Should I be nervous? Or, should I be thankful at all that he came and wanted to talk to me?

“I spoke to my mother and father a few minutes ago,” He says, sitting down on the couch opposite me, “They’ve agreed to pay off the publishers of the Daily Prophet. You know, to stop spreading the foully journalism of Skeeter.” Draco said, tossing the copies he held into the fire.

“You didn’t have to do that, and you know it.” I said in a dreary voice, “I could have handled it myself.”

“Emily, I know you have this horrible pair of eyes but... Have you seen the state of the Common room?” Draco asked me, trying not to be cross with me, “Please know that even we’ve broken up, I still love you. And I know you do too. You’re my best friend and I will always help you, whether you want to be helped or not.”

“Thank you.” I said.

“You’re welcome.” He said, “My mother had the biggest part here, you know how much she adores you.” Draco said mockingly. I managed to grin, holding back a laugh, “Well, I’ll write to her later. What made your father agree to the plan?”

Draco twisted his ring around his finger, a habit of his, “My father...” He explained to me that all of the work was mostly from his mother. And, that Lucius only agreed because he didn’t want the family name dragged in the mud. I was grateful for both of them, even Lucius. Draco’s right, but I couldn’t tell him that, I rather not punch him in the face when that smug look comes up.