Angel's Trumpet

“You need to stop this, Harry,” Hermione said, worry lines showing on her forehead, “You’ve sent 7 letters already, Emily will write back when she can. Besides, you have other things to worry about here.”

Harry didn’t listen to a word she said, he was too focused on watching the owl he sent earlier to St. Mungo’s fly back to him. Alas, when the bird came, it had nothing in its beak or attached to its foot. Weight pulled Harry down by his shoulders, his concern for his sister growing by every letter she never wrote back to.

A majority of Gryffindors were concerned for his well being, seeing that Harry spent his free time in the owlery waiting for Emily’s word.

“Come on, mate,” Ron pleaded, shooing the tiny owl from his shoulder, “You’ve lived 11 years without a sister, surely you can do that again for about 2 weeks at least.” Hermione’s widened, elbowing Ron in the stomach, “Bloody rude, Weasley!”

Ron gasped for air, clutching his stomach, “Look, that came out wrong. Why don’t we just take a look at the Marauder’s map and check if there’s a passage war that goes directly into St. Mungo’s –“

“I gave the map to Emily,” Harry said in a distant voice, “Emily always hides that map deep in her trunk, the same trunk that that woman healer carried away when she was admitted to St. Mungo’s.”

“Let’s ask my brothers, then. Surely they know something about it.”

Hermione emitted a heavy sigh, a cloud of mist forming in the open air in front of her, “I don’t mean to sound like a prick, Harry but don’t you think if Emily wanted to communicate, she’d done it already?” She asked, her eyes conveying to her best friend’s, “She’s already proven herself of such things in drastic measures, like that ring she made for Malfoy and herself. I’m sure she can do something even without a wand, Emily will talk to you if she wants to.”

Harry’s eyes widened in sudden realization, he succumbed on his feet and rushed down the icy steps of the Owlery, “Ron, do you know where Ginny is?” He asked. Ron glanced anxiously over to Harry and Hermione, nervous, “Erm, I reckon she’s in the Common room. Why do you ask?” He said, dragging Hermione with him as he followed Harry.

“A few years ago, Emily made another ring that can be used as a communication device, similar to the one she has and Malfoy. She made one for Ginny; I can’t believe I forgot that.” Harry said, sprinting on the grounds of Hogwarts, “I know you guys think I’m going mad, but put yourselves in my shoes; I haven’t had a mother, father, or a sister in those 11 years, then suddenly I have one. I don’t know about you lot, but I’m bloody not ready to lose that chance of having the closest thing to a family.”

~

Emily held the crystal vial between her fingers, gingerly looking at the thick silver liquid content, “Dare I ask what it is, Mr. Salinger?” She said, finally uncorking the vial releasing the distinct scent of sunflowers and dittany. Thomas looked up from her charts, smiling, “It’s the same concoction Madam Pomfrey gave you after the incident during the 2nd task. I modified it a bit, though.”

“It’s originally just essence of Dittany, powdered Rowan, Dandelion root, Fluxweed, and Bloodroot.” She said, remembering Madam Pomfrey’s words, “Tell me if I’m wrong, but you added a dose of the essence of sunflowers, another hint of Dittany, and the powdered root of Asphodel. Why add Asphodel?”

Thomas smile vanished within seconds, sitting himself down in the chair opposite of Emily, “I’ve finished your diagnosis this morning, actually,” The color in her cheeks gone pale, her pulse rising, “Oh, what’s the verdict?”

“Someone injected a large dose of Angel’s Trumpet and Belladonna in your bloodstream,” Thomas said in a grave voice, handing Emily her hospital chart, “Angel’s Trumpet is a lethal potion ingredient compared to Belladonna which is also poisonous when indigested. But aside from that, someone also put several lumps of Bezoar in your system which I deduce is what saved you from dying.” He paused for a moment, worry lines showing on his forehead, “Angel’s Trumpet is difficult get a hold of, it’s only found in several towns in Albania, as for Belladonna... You can easily buy a pint of it for 5 sickles in Knockturn Alley.