Idiotic brilliance

Harry watched Madam Pomfrey heal his sister. She carefully dabbed Emily’s wounds with cotton pads soaked with purple liquid that smoked when got on contact with Emily’s skin, Harry had no clue what that meant but her bruises and minor cuts vanished.

Madam Pomfrey took out a glass vial from her pocket, its contents the same colour as what she had applied to Emily’s wounds. She handed it to Harry and entrusted it into his hands, “Your sister has been practicing Black Magic, hasn’t she?” Madam Pomfrey said. Harry chose not to answer; feeling in his gut that she already knew.

“What she did out there, that sort of magic... It was banned from the Wizarding World 7 centuries ago,” Said Madam Pomfrey, now changing the bandages on Emily’s cheek, “I have no right to meddle in what your sister practices but getting affiliated with that kind of magic will get you facing down by the gutters; of course, Black magic is helpful in some ways but known Dark Wizards have gotten where they are because of it.” She said with great caution in her voice, “Emily is in Slytherin, Mister Potter. Stereotypically, everyone says that all wizards in Slytherin becomes a no-good Wizard. For once, I’d like to see someone to break that stereotype.”

Madam Pomfrey cleared her throat, removing the bandages from Emily’s leg, “Your sister is doing very well, almost all of her injuries are gone – “

“Not all of them.” Harry said.

“No,” Madam Pomfrey said in a grim voice, “Dragon scales are stubborn to deal with, she’s lucky the Dragon’s tail didn’t scratch her eyes out.” She paused, taking a deep breath, “She will have to live with that scar for the rest of her life, it cannot be healed by Wizard medicine nor will Muggle medicine.”

She had healed every cut, bruise, bleeding, and soreness present in Emily’s body, except for the long scar which very much resembled a claw mark from a Werewolf. The scar started on the Emily’s right cheek and ended before her reaching her left collarbone. Other from the scar, Madam Pomfrey also explained that she also had a fractured leg, just like Harry’s.

 “I reckon she’ll wake up by the time the judges will announce your scores.” Madam Pomfrey then left and went to Cedric Diggory to fix his dislocated shoulder.

Harry didn’t want to wait, he wanted so badly to shake Emily awake. But seeing and knowing the status of her health, Harry restrained himself. Besides, he could tell Madam Pomfrey was watching from the corner of his eye.

He couldn’t put himself to just sit down and wait; he was far too full of adrenaline. When pacing back and forth in the first aid tent didn’t help, Harry headed to go out of the tent and see what was happening outside but when he got too close to the mouth of the tent he would go back to Emily’s station and see if she had waken. On his 7th time of walking to the entrance of the tent, two people had come straight in like bullets.

“Harry, you were brilliant!” Hermione squeaked, giving him a massive hug, “Idiotic but still, brilliant!”

Harry laughed, patting her back, “Yeah, sounds like my type of intellect.” His smile faltered when he saw Ron standing in the back, looking at him as if he were a ghost.

“I reckon you got to your senses, eh Ron?” A hoarse voice said from behind them. Harry ran to his sister’s bed, a smile of relief appearing on his face, “You’re awake.”

“Can you bring me some water?” Emily asked, “I feel like a raisin here.” Harry got back on his feet, “Well, Madam Pomfrey did say there might be some complications about your throat since... the Dragon scratched it.”

Her eyes got bulbous, pushing herself upwards to sit, “What?” Emily began to feel the bandages on her neck and face, “Oh my God... I’m going to be like this for the rest of my life, aren’t I?” She tugged on one side of the bandage and started to cry, “No, I-I can’t, Harry, why?”