Dragons

Harry –

  I can’t say everything I would like to in a letter, it’s too risky in case the owl is intercepted – we need to talk face-to-face. If you can smuggle Emily inside Gryffindor Tower at one o’clock in the morning on the 22nd of November, that’ll be great but if not, I can try to reach her in Slytherin Tower afterwards. I know better than anyone that both of you can look after yourselves, and while you’re around Dumbledore and Moody I don’t think anyone will be able to hurt you. However, someone seems to be having a good try. Entering both you and your sister has been very risky, especially right under Dumbledore’s nose.

Be on watch, Harry. I still want to hear about everything unusual. Let me know about the 22nd of November as quickly as you can.

-          Sirius

Emily kept reading the note over and over, unsatisfied with her godfather’s words, “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” She asked, discreetly placing the letter back into Harry’s hand, “The times changed, Harry. We aren’t first years anymore; I can’t just go in barging inside Gryffindor Tower.”

He scoffed, his eyes narrowing as he spoke to her, “You were a Gryffindor once, Emily. Before you were sorted into Slytherin, you were a Gryffindor. You spent a fraction of your 3rd year inside Gryffindor Tower, as you always do in the past years. You don’t even use the Invisibility cloak; you just say the password and stride right inside!” Harry exclaimed, “What’s different now?”

“Everything,” Emily choked, “Listen to me, Harry. I’ll go with you to the Tower, I’ll sneak in.” She said the words as if it was the end of their conversation, like her word was the law. Before Emily could walk away, Harry caught hold of her elbow and moved their conversation to an empty classroom.

“Is this about the tournament?” Harry asked his voice sincere and laced with concern, “Because, if it is, you should know that I’m terrified.”

“Really?” Emily asked, her face coming out from the shadows her hair casted. He nodded, a lopsided smile appearing on his face, “Dead on scared, and that’s nothing to cower away from, Em.”

She nodded, “Okay.”

“Okay.”

Emily recollected herself, straightening out her uniform, “If we’re going to get pass this, we might as well have a plan of action.” She says in a tone dripping with authority, “We need to cooperate.” She added. Harry pondered on what she said, cooperate, he thought about the tournament and shivered at the thought of what possible tasks they might hurl at them, “Right. What do you have in mind?” Harry asked, tapping his fingers on the mahogany table nervously.

She noticed this and couldn’t help but grin, “I don’t know yet, I have to do some background study about the Triwizard Tournament. I’ll tell you everything there is to know about later on.” Emily said, shrugging towards the pile of books she had with her.

“Is there anything I can help with?”

Emily shook her head, “There’s nothing much to do, unless you’re willing to help me with the estimated 4-hour long research.” She said coyly. Harry agreed to help her in any way with the research. She smiled and started sorting out the contents of her book bag, “Thanks, I’ll go by Gryffindor tower later. I have about 8 books here in my bag, thick little buggers.” Emily said, “Oh and by the way, Seamus told me that Dean was asked to by Parvati to tell you that Hagrid was looking for the both of us.”

“What?”

“No way in hell am I going to repeat that, just meet me after last period at the doors of the Great Hall. We’ll go to Hagrid’s hut then.” She said in a low voice, “And don’t forget to bring the cloak.”