~ Emily ~ Harry ~

“Aunt Minerva, I got your owl. What is it you want to –“ Emily stopped mid-sentence, her green eyes protuberant as she scanned the professor’s office, “What’s going on?” She asked, looking at Professor McGonagall.

“It’s about time you’ve arrived, Miss Potter.” Said the professor with a stern tone, roaming around her office, “Please take a seat next to Miss Delacour, I have something to say to you all.”

Relentless, Emily stayed put on where she stood, arms crossed over her chest. Her facial expression blunt, but still showing a hint of curiosity. She was the only one standing in the room, aside from her aunt of course. In one corner there was her brother on the window seat, Emily could tell even from a distance he was disappointed at her. It was no surprise that he would hear about his own sister’s discriminative actions toward a good friend, and not to mention a fellow house member of his.

In the other corner, there was Viktor and Cedric who looked like they were just interrupted from a good chat.

And in the middle of all of it, there sat Fleur.

“I trust you all know that the Yule Ball is approaching – a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above – although you may invite a younger student if you wish. Dress robes will be worn of course, and the ball will start at eight o’ clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall.” Professor McGonagall stared at the Champions, her eyes boring holes into theirs, “This is a chance for us to all – erm – let out hair down but that does NOT mean that we will be relaxing the standards of behaviour we expect from our students.”

Her stare fixated on Emily, “I will be most seriously displeased if any student from any house will embarrass the school in any way. No mischief, no Fire Whiskey spiked beverages, I trust that all five of you agree to that?”

“Yes, Professor.” They all said in unison, except from Fleur who said Oui and Krum who just nodded.

“Before you all leave this room, I would like to share with you all that there is another tradition to be opened by the Triwizard Champions. Traditionally, the Champions and their partners open the ball. Meaning, they are the first ones to dance; it is expected of all of you to do so as a representative of your school.” McGonagall then excused all of the Champions from the room, except from Emily.

“I promise not to spike the drinks again, Aunt Minerva.” She said, feeling a bit nostalgic about the ball during her third year, “I won’t do anything to ruin this '

“I know, I know.” She said, half of a smile on her face, “I hope you know what you’ve gotten into, Emily dear.”

From that moment on, Emily knew it wasn’t about the Yule Ball her Aunt was talking about. It was about her friendship with Fred. Well, of course she knows about it, she’s the bloody Head of Gryffindor.

“I do.” With that being her last words, Emily left the office.

On her way out, she saw her brother waiting for her by one of the columns. Emily went the other way in hopes of avoiding Harry’s judgement of her but instead, he ran after her.

“Emily!” He yelled out after her, “I’m not mad, can we just talk?”

She stopped on her tracks, turning to face Harry, “You’re not mad at me?” Emily started walking towards her brother, her heart beating far too fast, “Why not?”

Harry scoffed, looking at her in disbelief, “You’re my sister, why should I be mad at you, you idiot?” He said with a short laugh, “I just want to talk to you.”

“Well, here I am.” Emily says with a sweet smile, “But before anything else, did Cedric tell you anything about the Golden Egg?”

“Wha – Yeah, actually he did.” Harry said looking at her with great curiosity, “Did you tell him to put the egg underwater so he would tell me?”

“Yeah... I was unsure whether or not you were mad at me so I made Cedric tell you.”

“You’re an idiot.”

“I know.” She said, “Anyways, what were you going to tell me?”

Harry told her what had happened after her little Blood traitor incident with Fred, “Almost everyone in Gryffindor hates your guts.”

“Well, isn’t that lovely?” She said rhetorically, “Who doesn’t?”

Silence.

“No really, who doesn’t hate me?” Emily asked again, this time she was serious.

Harry gave her a list, a short one.

1.       Harry

2.       Neville

3.        

“Emily, what’s gotten in you?” He asked, “Fred’s one of your best mates, I have no idea why you of all people would call him a Blood – “

“It slipped, alright?” Emily interrupted, “I-I didn’t mean to say it.”

“Why? Did Fred do something? Did he say anything to you?”

Her face flushed at Harry’s question, “It was actually Fred and George, Fred was the only one who went after me when I walked out. Wait a minute, weren’t you there?”

“No, I left after some time with Ron.”

“Alright then, well... They were teasing me about liking Percy and I suppose my temper got the best of me and I destroyed one of their experiments.” Emily said, her face still flushed, “They sang about it and everything... To be perfectly clear, Fred pushed me, alright? He started saying things like I was exactly like everyone in Slytherin and Percy thinks that too about me.”

Harry stayed quiet for a while, comprehending all the new information in his brain.

“You like Percy?”

“Of all the things I have just told you that’s the only thing you take a clear note on?”

“No, no. I’ve heard everything; it’s just that that bit was highlighted.” He said brazenly, “Seriously? Percy Weasley?”

“Well, I don’t like him now.” Emily said stomping her foot, “Not when I know that that’s how he sees me, just as any other insolent fool in Slytherin.” She said, putting on the air quotations. The Potter Twins continued to walk around the corridors, looking up at the beautifully architecture of the ceiling.

“Enough of the feud between Slytherin and Gryffindor,” Harry said, pulling his sister to a one armed hug, “Let’s talk about other things.”

Emily managed to show up a smile, a true one, and asked “How about the Yule Ball tomorrow or how we’re going to survive an hour underwater to retrieve something stolen from us that we have no knowledge about?”

“Let’s start with something not related in life threatening situations, like; who are you going to the ball with?” Harry asked.

“Lucian,” Emily said, glancing at Harry and expecting a flash of either suspicion or anger in his eyes but none came, “He’s a 7th year, he’s really kind to me.”

“Unlike that prat Malfoy –“

“Harry, please don’t.” She pleaded, closing her eyes shut as if it pained her to even talk about it, “I want to talk about something happy. Something we can laugh about.” Emily then opened her eyes, feeling the tight support of her brother’s arm around her, “I hear you’re going with Parvati Patil that ought to be fun, right?”