5

Cassie, Rick and T-dog slowly made their way toward Daryl who was still furiously pacing in front of his brothers hand.

All of a sudden he raised his crossbow on T-dog caused Rick to point his gun at Daryl who was still trying to keep his tears from falling.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it."

Cassie was about to step forward and say something to try and get the men apart but Glenn place a hand on her arm holding her back. He knew what his best friend was about to attempt and would rather she stayed without an arrow or bullet in her.

Daryl very reluctantly lowered his crossbow away from T-Dogs head Rick pulling his gun away a few seconds later.

Daryl sniffled lightly before asking T-dog "You got a do-rag or something". If the situation wasn't so serious Cassie would have let out a chuckle. Funny how it had gone from 'I'm gonna kill your' to 'can I borrow a rag' in less than a minute.

T-dog seemed confuse by the request but still handed Daryl what he wanted. Daryl walked over to his brothers hand picking it up by the finger.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs. Ain't that a bitch."he sighed placing Merles hand in the middle of T-dogs blue rag(which he probably wouldn't want back) and packed it up like he was wrapping a birthday present.

He walked over to Glenn who had a bag on his back motioning him to spin round. Cassie saw that the idea of a chopped off hand in his bag made Glenn want to puke and she'd already avoided his puke once this week.

"You can put it in here" she gestured to her already open bag with a small smile as Daryl turned to her and gently place his brothers hand inside.

"He must have used a tourniquet. Maybe his belt there'd be much more blood if he didn't" Daryl said as he grabbed his crossbow and followed the path of blood not bothering to wait for the others.

The group followed the path of blood back into the building Daryl at the front of them calling out for Merle every few seconds. As the group made their way thought the building they found two walkers that must have been taken out by Merle.

"Damn he managed to take out two of them whilst bleeding with only one hand. That's impressive" Cassie admitted.

"Toughest asshole I ever my brother" Daryl said as he began to reload his crossbow "Feed him a hammer he'd crap out nails". Cassie could see he was saying this more to convince himself that his brother was fine and still out there.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss no matter how tough he is."

"Okay let's just try and stay positive guys" Cassie told them trying to prevent the argument that was arising between the two stubborn men.

Merles blood trail led them to a set of gas ovens that had been left on and were covered in blood. Cassie cautiously walked over before picking up a burger press examining it.

"What's that burnt stuff" Glenn asked her.

"Skin" she explained "He cauterised the stump". When she finished saying this Glenn looked like he was going to puke..... again.

"Told he was tough. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle."

"Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood" Rick replied still not having faith they were gonna find Merle.

"Yes he has but he's cauterised the stump which means he'll be bleeding more slowly now and we can still find him" Cassie explained. She knew that if they didn't find the older redneck in one piece and brung him back to camp Daryl would never let them forget it.