20

The group were sat in the middle of their small camp eating scrambled eggs for breakfast given to them from Hershel. Cassie was sat in a camping chair next to Daryl as they ate in silence occasionally stealing glances at the other. Whenever their eyes met he'd look away quickly trying to hide the small smile that threatened to find its way onto his face.

She looked up from her plate to look at Glenn widening her eyes slightly which he knew meant 'say it now!' After their conversation the day before he had been up all night trying to find the words to explain to the group about the walkers in the barn.

When Cassie looked around the group thinking about how they would react to Glenn's news her eyes caught Ricks as he looked up from his family. However he didn't send his sister his normal warm smile but instead looked away quickly unable to meet her gaze. Before Cassie could think on it any longer Glenn stood up and cleared his throat.

"Um guys." Glenn began and Cassie could hear the anxiety in his voice "So the barns full of walkers"

Everyone stopped eating and turned to face Glenn who looked down at his feet not wanting to meet anyone's gaze. Rick and Shane decided they needed to go investigate the barn and everyone went with them to really see what it was they were dealing with.

When close enough to to the barn Cassie could hear the groans of the walkers as they walked aimlessly around the barn. Shane went right up to the doors to look inside only taking a step back when he came face to face with a walker at the door.

"You cannot tell me your alright with this" Shane said to Rick as he stormed over to him.

"No I'm not. But we're guests here this isn't our land" Rick replied quite calmly compared to Shane's aggressive tone.

"This is our lives man!" Shane shouted.

"Shut up Shane! Unless you want to rile up all the walkers in there" Cassie explained to him with a stern voice.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug"

"It ain't right. Not remote" T-dog added.

"We either gotta go in there,we gotta make things right or we just gotta go. Now we have been fort benning for a long time"Shane said as he paced back and forth.

"For fucks sake Shane give it a rest with fort benning. The place is probably overrun by now" Cassie shouted at him. Shane's attitude about the whole situation was begging to piss her off.

"We can't go" Rick told Shane who started to shake his head.

"Because me daughters still out there" Carol said in a soft worried voice.

"Ok... it think it's time that we all just start to consider the other possibility" Shane said as he ran his hands over his face and immediately Rick and Cassie went against him.

"Shane we're not leaving Sophia behind!"

"She's still out there Shane we have to find her" Rick and Cassie said trying to make Shane see some sense.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damm doll a few days ago" Daryl added stepping in.

"You found a doll Daryl. That's what you did Daryl you found a doll"

"At least he found something" Cassie argued back.

"Jesus Cassie just shut you damn mouth" Shane shouted which took everyone by surprise.

"You don't know what the hell your talking about" Daryl yelled swinging his arm in Shane's face. He could deal with people saying shit to him he had dealt with it his whole life but Cassie... that was a different story.