17

The next morning everyone who was going out to look for Sophia where gathered round the hood of a yellow car the map having been sectioned into grids to organise the search more. When Daryl arrived and stood next to Cassie he placed a shirt onto the cars hood which caused Cassie to frown.

She reached over and picked up the shirt which confirmed her suspicion. It had long sleeves. She turned to Daryl who simply gave her a confused look.

"What?" He asked her.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked to which he responded "What?" again making it clear to her he was confused.

"It's just this is long sleeved so are you okay or should we call Hershel?" She explained to him.

"Ha ha very funny Sunshine believe it or not I do own a shirt with sleeves"Daryl said in a dry voice which caused Cassie to laugh as he snatched his shirt back to put it on as the others approached.

Rick had been focusing on the map but he heard the interaction which only made him further believe his sister was crushing on Daryl Dixon.

"All right everyone's getting new search grids today" Rick started as everyone arrived. "If she made it to the farmhouse Daryl and Cassie found she might have gone further east than we've been so far."

"I'd like to help" the boy Jimmy announced walking over to Rick. "I know the are pretty well and stuff"

"Hershel's ok with this?" Rick asked not wanting to take the boy out without Hershel's permission.

"Yeah yeah he said I should ask you" Jimmy stuttered out making Cassie think maybe he wasn't telling the truth.

"All right then.Thanks" Rick thanked jimmy for his help.

"Nothing about what Cassie and Daryl found screams Sophia to me.Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse." Shane said yet again bringing the conversation to a negative.

"Anybody would include her Shane. Plus the person who slept in there could have only been about this high" she explained using her hands to show the height.

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again" Rick suggested.

"No maybe about it I'm gonna borrow a horse,head up to this ridge right here get a Birds Eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there I'll spot her" Daryl explained. Cassie had already been told by Rick that she was with him and Shane today wanting to spend more time with his sister.

"Nice idea cowboy" she joked causing Daryl to lightly shove her with his shoulder before she pushed back.

"Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too" T-dog added drawing their attention.

"Chupacabra?" Rick asked having no clue what they were talking about.

"You never heard this?" Dale asked to which Rick shook his head "The first night of camp Daryl talks us that the whole thing reminded him of a time he went squirrel hunting and saw a chupacabra" Dale explained.

Jimmy started to laugh at Dales story which cause Daryl to ask "What you braying at Jackass?"

"So you believe in a blood sucking dog?" He asked Daryl

"You believe dead people walking around" Daryl retaliated which made Cassie laugh a little.

Just then Jimmy reached into the car to grab a shotgun before he was stopped by basically everyone.

"You ever fire one before?" Rick asked him

Jimmy didn't give him a straight answer replying with "Well if I'm going out I want one"