9

Everyone was stood near the cars ready to leave the quarry. Cassie along with everyone else had packed up her belongings and her tent getting ready to leave. There weren't a lot of options for Cassie when it can to her seat in one of the vehicles. The rest of the Grimes family where with Carol and Sophia.
The Rv was full to the brim with T-dog and Andrea taking up the two seats of the blue pick up truck. That left her with two options.

Shane or Daryl.

Normally someone would assume Cassie's first choice would be Shane seeing how close they use to be. But ever since what Dale had told her the day before she couldn't shake it from her mind that Shane could be dangerous. Would he kill her in order to have Lori? She wasn't sure.However she wasn't sure if Daryl would want her riding with him.

"Listen up everyone." Shane called out getting everyone's attention "Those of you with CBS we're gonna be on channel 40,but let's keep the chatter down ok? Now you got a problem, don't have a CB, can't get a signal anything at all, you gotta hit you your horn one time. That'll stop the rv. Any questions?"

Cassie looked over at Daryl from where she was on the hood of a car next to Carl picking at one of the patches on her jeans when she saw him swiping at his eyes.

"We're uh- We're not going" morales told them all looking over to his family.

"We have family in Birmingham" his wife said "we want to be with our people"

"You on your own you won't have anybody to watch your back"

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales assured them.

"You sure?" Rick asked the man.

"We've talked about it. We're sure"

"All right. Shane?" Rick said as he crouched down with Shane going into the bag of guns and taking out a gun with half a box of ammo for Morales to protect his family. Cassie noticed Daryl scoff at the fact rick was giving out more of their ammo. Everyone started embracing each other in hugs and handshakes saying goodbye to the Morales family. Cassie never really talked to them but went over and shook Morales hand anyway wishing him and his family luck on their journey.

She turned away from where everyone was still saying their goodbyes and started to walk over to Shane. Daryl saw out of the corner of his eye the women as he bit down on his fingernail.

"Cass" he called out grabbing her attention before she could reach the two men in front of her. She turned around to face him before he motioned for her to come over. She walked over to him with a smile only he could see curious as to what he could want.

"Yeah what's up?"

"Need a ride?" He asked not meeting her gaze as he continued to gnaw on his thumb.

"Yeah sure"she replied giving him a smile that made sparks in his stomach. She then continued on asking a question even he didn't know the answer to"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you offering me a ride"

"I don't know." He admitted going back to gnawing on his thumb "Just figured you might want to ride with me instead of Shane."

"Yeah I would. Let me just go grab my stuff" before she walked past him to grab her stuff their shoulders
brushing gently.

He turned around to watch her walk away before shaking his head and heading over to Merles truck to wait for Cassie. He had already loaded up Merles bike into the back not wanting to leave a piece of his brother behind.

Once Cassie reached him she threw her stuff in the back choosing to only take her messenger bag in the front with her that held a few small items. The group then set out to the cdc.