18

Cassie took in the sight in front of her with a heavy breath not fully accepting it. In front of her stood a heavily bleeding Daryl. He had what looked like the remains of his sleeved shirt tied around his waist in an attempt to stop the bleeding coming from his side as well as blood coming down from the side of his head. He was covered in dirt and looked liked he'd been through hell. Cassie thought he had gotten bit and turned into a walker same as everyone else.

"Thats the third time you've pointed that thing at my head. You gonna pull the trigger or what" Daryl growled as Cassie took in a sigh of relief that he was okay. Rick lowered his gun and Cassie was about to make her way over to him when all of a sudden a gun shot rang out through the air.

"Daryl!" She screamed running over and immediately going down to the ground taking his head in her hands. "Please Daryl stay with me" she pleaded as she heard Rick shouting "No!" over and over at Andrea who had ended up shooting Daryl. Her fingers lightly brushed against his forehead realising he had just been grazed by the bullet.

She felt a tear run down her face as Glenn gently pulled her body away from Daryl's so that Rick and Shane could grab him. They each took one of Daryl's arms round their necks and began to carry him back to camp.

"I was kidding" Daryl groaned before losing consciousness falling limp in between Rick and Shane.

Andrea and Dale came running came running as they carried him back to the farm. After Rick reassured Andrea that Daryl was simply  unconscious as the bullet had only grazed him did Cassie see what was hanging around his neck and so did Glenn.

"What the hell happened he's wearing ears" Glenn pointed out in disgust. Cassie and Rick shared a look knowing that Hershel wouldn't be very happy to see this.

"Let's keep that to ourselves" Rick decided as he took off Daryl's ear necklace and shoved it into his shirt pocket. They continued walking until the sound of T-dogs voice caused them all to stop and turn.

"Hey guys isn't this Sophia's?" He asked holding up the small girls doll Daryl had been carrying.

As Shane and Rick walked ahead carrying Daryl the others walked slightly behind. It was only when she noticed her brother had walked a good bit in front of them when she finally turned to Andrea.

Cassie thought about what she could do for a minute before she let her actions take over. She lunged at Andrea knocking them both over into the grass. Cassie was on top of Andrea now and despite her cries and the shouts of everyone around her she punched Andrea on the face over and over hoping she'd break bone. She could only see red at this point.

T-dog had ran ahead and swapped places with Rick so he could run back and pull his sister off the women.

"Cass stop!" He yelled once she was stood upright next to her brother and Andrea was beside Dale.

"She could have killed him!" She yelled back in defence "if someone yells don't shoot, you don't shoot! If she had better aim he'd be dead!"

"Okay,okay. Cmon let's go see him" he calmed her down pulling her towards the house.

Once they reached the house Rick left Cassie set with Lori outside Daryl's room a cold wash cloth on her knuckles after the hard punches she had given Andrea. Lori rubbed the girls arm attempting to calm her down.

Cassie swiped furiously at the tears that fell hoping Lori wouldn't notice but she did.

"You care about him" Lori told her as she leaned close to her sister in law.

"What? No I don't no" she began to ramble trying to deny the women's theory and Lori simply laughed at her worried look.

"It's okay Cassie" she told her as the door to Daryl's room opened Hershel stepping out followed by Rick and Shane "I think you'd be good together" she told her standing up and going over to Rick and Shane. When she stood up to enter the room Rick approached her.