11

When Cassie woke up the following morning it took her a minute to realize where she was

When Cassie woke up the following morning it took her a minute to realize where she was. As she went to get up from the bed she felt something holding her down and looked down to see Daryl's arm wrapped around her waist. She couldn't help but smile at how they fell asleep with his arms wrapped around her keeping her close like he was protecting her from the world outside.

Just as she was going to wake him up she heard the door open and Glenn walked in head in his hands. "Cmon Cas-" Glenn began to groan, however he never finished his scenetance as he gasped at the sight before him. "Wha-"

"Shut up" she hissed out at him motioning down to a still sleeping Daryl. Glenn groaned in his hungover state not having the energy to mock Cassie and just walked away saying "Just come through for breakfast once your done cuddling"

Before Cassie could argue back Glenn had walked away head in his hands. She looked back down at Daryl who was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful when he slept and Cassie really didn't want to wake him so she gently took the arm that was wrapped around her and lifted it slightly giving her room to slide out from under the duvet.

She grabbed a pair of leggings,a T-shirt and a green hoodie before pulling her converse on. She went to tie her hair up into the ponytail she wore it in most days but after remembering Daryl's words from last night she decided on keeping it down. Maybe he was just saying that because he was drunk or maybe he meant it she didn't know but either way she left it down.

Before she left she turned to see Daryl lying there feeling guilty about just leaving so she walked over placing a gentle kiss to the side of his head.

She left the room going through to the dining room where they had their meal last night. She could smell coffee brewing and bacon sizzling causing her feet to pick up as she hurried through.

"Morning" she called getting replies from multiple members of the group. She sat down next to Carl as she had the night before Rick passed her a cup of coffee making it how he knew she liked it. She gave him a small thank you before taking a sip.

"Are you hungover? Dad is" Carl told her as he smiled to himself at his dads hungover expression.

"I'm not because I can handle my alcohol. I've had lots of practice" Cassie chuckled as she reached to grab the plate of bacon and eggs t-dog was handing her.

"Eggs. Powdered but I do them good."

"And you know Glenn protein helps with the hangover." Cassie told him as she began to eat her own eggs amazed at T-dogs cooking ability.

"Shut up Cass" Glenn groaned at her who simply smiled.

Before she could have any or her breakfast however Rick turned to her with a pill bottle in hands "Can you help me please?"

"And you always go on about being the older twin" Cassie scoffed opening the pill bottle to hand her brother some as he gave her a look that said thank you.