30

Cassie's jaw dropped slightly before everyone grabbed their weapons and started to head towards the shed. Cassie,Rick and Daryl went inside the small hut they had been keeping him in to try and find any signs of how Randall could have escaped.

"What's wrong?" Lori called out as the rest of the group ran over.

"Randalls missing" Glenn answered them.

"Missing? How?"

"We don't know yet" Cassie answered as even more questions flew around the group.

"The cuffs are still hooked he must have slipped them" Rick told them as he stepped out the shed.

"Is that possible?" Carol asked.

"It is if you've got nothing to lose" Cassie answered.

"The door was secured from the outside" Hershel said checking the lock.

Suddenly out of nowhere Shane appeared screaming Ricks name. As he approached them from the woods Cassie noticed the amount of blood that covered Shane's face all the way down his nose.

"What happened?!" Lori asked him.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" Shane told them as be angrily stormed towards them.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked him.

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me, clocked me in the face"

"All right Hershel, T-Dog get everybody back to the house. Cass,Glenn and Daryl you come with us" Rick said as everyone got ready to go.

"T I'm gonna need that gun" Shane demanded.

"Just let him go. That was the plan wasn't it to just let him go?"

"We can't now that's he's armed and nearby. Who knows what he could do" Cassie pointed out as she pulled an arrow out her quiver readying it.

"Don't go out there you don't know what could happen" Carol pleaded with them but they ignored her continuing to walk towards the woods.

"Everybody get back to the house. Lock the doors and stay put" Rick told the others as the 4 men and Cassie entered the woods.

"I saw him head up through the trees that way before I blacked out. I'm not sure how long" Shane explained once they had gotten pretty deep into the woods.

"He couldn't have gotten far. He's hobbled, exhausted"

"And armed" Glenn pointed out.

"Yeah well so are we and there's 5 of us and one of him" Cassie replied.

"Can you track him?" Rick asked Daryl moving to stand beside the redneck.

"No I don't see nothing" Daryl told Rick.

"Look there's no use in tracking him. He went that way we need to split up, spread out and chase him down that's it"

Cassie found it slightly odd Shane was so desperate to split the group up but didn't say anything hoping she was just over thinking.

"This kid weighs a buck twenty five soaking wet and your trying to tell us he got the jump on you?" Daryl questioned Shane.

"I say a rock pretty much evens those odds wouldn't you?"

"Alright knock it off. Glenn, Cass and Daryl start heading up the right flank. Me and Shane will take the left. Remember Randall not the only threat out there. Keep an eye out for each other" With the last sentence his eyes went to Daryl and Glenn a silent ask to keep his sister safe.