39

Cassie was stood holding her crying niece in Daryl's arms for a couple of minutes before he placed a kiss on her cheek and walked over to the other Grimes twin who was in a far worse condition at the moment

Daryl waved his hand in front of Rick's face who was clearly out of it. As he did Carl went over to his Aunt and extended his arms to her for her to gently place his little sister in his arms.

"Let me see the baby" Hershel requested as they made their way over to him.

"What are we gonna feed it? We got anything a baby can eat?" Daryl asked not surprisingly not knowing a whole lot about babies.

"The good news is she looks healthy" Hershel said making Cassie sigh in relief "But she needs formula and soon or she won't survive"

"Well we're not gonna let that happen" Cassie said wiping her hands on her trouser legs walking beside Daryl.

"She's right I'm going for a run"Daryl told them putting his crossbow on his back.

"I'm going" Cassie told him.

"I'll back you up" "Me too" Maggie and Glenn also offered.

Daryl took charge with Rick out of action giving everyone a job to do before he called "Cassie,Glenn,Maggie vamanos" and they made their way to the parked cars.

As Cassie was walking with Daryl she heard Maggie call out Rick's name she turned to see her twin walking back into the prison tunnels. She was about to run after him when Daryl tugged on her hand pulling her back to the task at hand which was feeding the baby to make sure she survived.

"There's a piggly wiggly on 85" Maggie suggested but Cassie shook her head.

"Nah the baby section was cleared. Lori wanted me to keep a look out" Cassie said her face paling ever so slightly at the mention of the recently deceased women.

"Is that any place that hasn't been completely looted" Daryl questioned as they walked to the parked vehicles

"We saw signs for a shopping centre just north of here"

"Yeah but there's too much debris on the road. A car will never fit through there" Maggie said.

"I can take one of you" Daryl told them as he shrugged on his vest.

The three of them looked at each other before Cassie decided "I'm going". She began walking towards the motorbike before Glenn grabbed her arm lightly.

"Cass you don't have to do that" he reassured her Maggie also walking over.

"She was my sister in law and I promised I'd keep her baby safe. Please let me do this"

Glenn understood pulling her in for a quick hug "Stay safe Nuggets"

"Always Pizza boy" she smiled before she got on the back of Daryl's bike waving the couple goodbye as the pair sped off together Axel and Oscar closing the gate begin them.